Unable to watch recordings optimized for streaming while recording.

runelind

runelind

Hi all,

Hi, I'm brand new to emby, and after contributing to emby premium, I tried doing a recording with the setting that automatically converts to streaming friendly format.  I noticed that I was unable to play the file until the recording was finished.  This is not the case when just doing normal (.ts) recordings.  Is this expected behavior or is  there something I can do to fix that?  When recording in native format, I noticed that playback is in need of de-interlacing, but when the stream has been converted to mp4, it appears to apply the deinterlace process during encoding.  I guess I am just looking for the best of both worlds, deinterlaced playback that can be viewed while recording :)  

My front end is an Android TV, and it does not appear to handle de-interlacing very well.

legallink

Based on the discussions elsewhere, I believe the answer is no, you can't watch while it is converting to mp4 for a bunch of reasons that Luke can explain if he wants dealing with fragement mp4's.  I won't pretend to know the intracacies of that.