Unable to playback any content since update

Blue Kachina

Blue Kachina

I already commented in someone else's thread about my playback issues, but I don't want to hijack their thread, so posting here as well.

Currently on Emby Server Version 3.0.5880.0

Synopsis of what has gone down so far:

1. Updated to newest version of the addon (2.2 I believe it is)
  2. Was prompted to wipe/rebuild DB, and did
  3. Chose option to keep existing Emby settings
  4. Restarted Kodi on my Shield TV
  5. Tried to playback content and was presented with message saying content is no longer available, asked if I wanted to delete it (I said no)
  6. Reconfigured all Emby settings within Kodi (including re-entering network credentials)
  7. Performed manual resync
  8. Restarted Kodi
  9. Same problem exists

At this point, I deleted the existing log file, ensured that Emby Addon was set to Debug level logging, restarted Kodi again, and tried to playback a movie.

Here is the resultant log file (valid for 1 week):

http://pastebin.com/3jZA6Duz

I don't see anything in there about playback, but I'm not entirely sure that I know what I'm looking for.  Hopefully this has all the details you need in it.  If further logs are required, I will be happy to provide them.

• All of my libraries are setup using UNC paths to the network shares where the files reside.
  • All of the network shares have been granted full access for the user whose credentials are specified within the Emby addon
  • All of the media is stored on the same machine that actually runs Emby Server (does this mean that I don't need UNC paths?)
  • I've tried entering the network credentials in the Emby addon when pointing to the IP address of the host machine, as well as using the computer name
  • I've tried both add-on playback and native playback

Any tips you can offer are very much appreciated!

Angelblue05

Have you restarted Kodi after adding the credentials? It seems rpi works better using the ip address. What you can do is a quick path substitution in your emby server > library > path substitution.

To: \\IP address\

Then set your network credentials using ip address with the username and password. Restart Kodi. If you are using Native playback, you will need to do a reset, if you are using add-on it should tell you right away if it's working or not.

BlueKachina

Thanks for the quick reply, Angelblue05. I have indeed restarted after updating the credentials. I've tried both the IP and the computer name, and last time you were helping me out, you said that using the computer name worked fine for you. I reserve that IP Address in my dhcp server though, so it's nearly static, and I don't mind reverting back to that.

I'm signing off for the night, but in the morning, I'll try that coupled with the path sub you recommended, and report back.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I run Kodi on Windows and on my FireTV stick (which works fine using the hostname), however I've had other reports during the beta testing that rpi devices work better using the ip address. I don't know why... It seems Kodi is unable to reconcile the credentials in passwords.xml with the path when it's using the hostname. As soon as people try it the ip address and the path subsitution in emby, it works...

Edited by Angelblue05

BlueKachina

Okay. Will try that, but for the record, I'm not on a raspberry pi, but rather, an Nvidia Shield tv.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry, i think cbers ran into similar issues with nvidia shield tv as well. Anyway, let me know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBers

Sorry, i think cbers ran into similar issues with nvidia shield tv as well. Anyway, let me know how it turns out.

I had to use the ComputerName where Emby server runs rather than IP, but @@scalda uses the IP address on his RPi's.

• Like 1