Saving metadata to movie folder?

mattyg8

mattyg8

I usually copy my movies on a usb for my folks who dont have internet and emby used to save the metadata nfo to each movie folder.

I realize that it doesn't do that anymore, after a search a clicked metadata savers: Nfo and have save artwork and metadata into media folders.

I click run scan and it doesn't seem to want to add all missing ones to the folder?

A scan will not move the metadata to the new location if you changed it.

You will need to force refresh or save the items again to save it to the new location.

mattyg8

Ok I am abit confused when it comes to tv episodes meta data.

Under season It used to get the meta data and store it in a folder called metadata as a .xml file along with matching picture.

Now it seems to just save the episode thumbnail under metadata and creates a .nfo file along with the episode file

Happy2Play

I believe this is part of the default "Compatibility" setting for <ImageSavingConvention> in your system.xml.  If you change it to "Legacy" it should give you the older naming and storage format.

The system.xml is located in %appdata%\Emby-Server\config

Happy2Play

Or you need to install the XML Saver plugin and set your episode to create xml instead of nfo files.  Which is probably closer to the issue.

mattyg8

Ok, so I installed the metadata plug in and forced refreshed tv series. Not the are showing under the metadata folder for each season.

• 9 months later...
mattyg8

It seems that  XML Saver plugin has stopped working as no longer creates xml file in the folders of tv shows from about a month ago

mattyg8

There is not issue using .nfo at all. I just cannot find a way to get it to save to the meta data folder under each season. As I copy the files for my folks who don't have internet

Thanks

mattyg8

Ok I realised that .nfo was not selected under episodes. Now it saves them next to the video file. Is it possible to save them under the metadata folder with the thumbnails?

That's the convention for nfo files, putting them alongside the episodes. The xml saver plugin has been retired, but is open source if a community member would like to take ownership of it.