Stable and Beta listed as incompatible in 15.2

amura11
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

I recently installed Kodi 15.2 (version says it was compiled October 19th, 2015) and I'm trying to get the Emby for Kodi plugin to install.

I tried installing both the Stable and Beta releases and they both list the Video Plugin as broken or incompatible. I tried Checking for Updates but that didn't do anything.

This is a fresh install of Kodi, am I missing some settings or is there a way to fix this?

kodi.log

• Solution
Angelblue05

The Kodi repository was down when you tried - it was unable to grab the requests module. If you are able to load the Kodi repository, then you should be able to install the emby add-on. Try again.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Ugh, finally. Been bashing my head against the wall for the past hours with the same issue. Trying to put up an OpenElec install with Kodi 15.2. Run into the same error as above. Thought for a while Emby and OpenElec was a no-go, but will watch this thread to see the resolve! 

The Kodi repository was down when you tried - it was unable to grab the requests module. If you are able to load the Kodi repository, then you should be able to install the emby add-on. Try again.

Thanks Angelblue05! Weird thing was it didn't work when you originally replied but it's definitely working correctly now.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I manually added the Kodi dependency requests module to our emby repository so you don't get the error anymore. Kodi is still having issues with their servers/mirrors. This is not only affecting emby users, but every users trying to install any add-ons according to the many posts in the Kodi forums.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

I manually added the Kodi dependency requests module to our emby repository so you don't get the error anymore. Kodi is still having issues with their servers/mirrors. This is not only affecting emby users, but every users trying to install any add-ons according to the many posts in the Kodi forums.

Strange. Thanks for getting it working, the plugin looks awesome!

• Like 1