No subtitles when playing

wsramahi

wsramahi

I'm facing strange issue while playing any video on IPhone or IPad, after the last update subtitles are not showing at all, on android and IE or chrome its working fine.

wsramahi

I managed to make safari to work by selecting none from the subtitle menu and to select back the subtitle, but sometimes its not showing, for the new 1.09 emby app its not working at all!, I thought its from the update, I did downgraded the version, but still the same, I even tried to check my next two servers I have and they are all the same issue, I really need help guys!

legallink

Make sure to post logs, otherwise there is little help to be had.  I think there is a post about "how to report a problem".

wsramahi

I have a setup of 3 emby servers on two locations, 1 in a separate location and its on beta release which is working fine, 2 on the same location and same network, these two started to respond in a strange way only on all IOS devices in the last two days, only subtitles at first stopped showing, then the massage of (problem playing video file) on safari and chrome for IOS, also IOS emby app acted the same.

I checked the logs and noticed something a bout sockets forced to close by the host, so apparently its an issue with the network, I changed to whole deferent new network, nothing has changed, I setup I new router specially for main server directly connected to it alone, and the same issue, so I decided to reinstall emby on the second server then It start working fine on safari and chrome, only subtitles on the IOS app was not showing.

I'm confused of what's going on, reinstalling solved most of the issue so its not something related to the network, can you look into this file hoping you can find what's wrong.

server-63591433287.txt

in this log it's trying to load a subtitle file that doesn't exist or the server doesn't have access to

Could not find file 'D:\Media\HD\Troy.2004.BluRay.AVC.1080p-ETRG.ara.srt'.

if the file has been deleted, run a library scan to make sure the server knows that.

wsramahi

If it was because the subtitle only, i will do a scan media and test it again, the file is in the folder, maybe its not scaned in emby DB, i will send the logs again, thx for reponding

post-24776-0-23635800-1455867501_thumb.pngpost-24776-0-58111200-1455867485_thumb.png

I tried with IOS last night. No subtitles work on any I tried. They work on most other Emby app releases.

Did you see post #5?

wsramahi

i'm trying to rename all video files and limit the file name length, also i'm trying to clean up the library hoping there is something related to file corruption or something, it will take sometime to finish copying..

wsramahi

Well, i tried my very best testing most of the cases i could think, the socket error disappeared! Don't know how!

Still having issue with showing subtitles on iOS, safari works after a couple of subtitle selection, and emby app not showing at all!!

I am frustrated finding a solution, do any one can do some tests to confirm?

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

There's a fix up on the beta build of the app. We'll get it out to the store as soon as possible. Thanks.

• Like 1

wsramahi

There's a fix up on the beta build of the app. We'll get it out to the store as soon as possible. Thanks.

thx a lot for the effort been done :) 

I've submitted the fix to the app store, although it will take up to a week to go through the review process. Thanks.

• Like 1