Theme Videos + other front ends tagging the video themes wrong ?

Mfusick

Mfusick

I love the theme videos !!!

But on thing I noticed is that other scrapers will get confused by it.  For example my PLEX theater seems to have added a crap load of odd foreign titles.   -  and when I looked it's just the themes that MB added. 

Solution ?

you can make them hidden files and we will still recognize them. some apps will see that and ignore them, although i can't say for sure.

Mfusick

Is this functionality that can be included in the plug in ?   I don't want to manually hide a thousand folders.  

• 5 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Is this functionality that can be included in the plug in ?   I don't want to manually hide a thousand folders.  

I thought Radeons plugins actually create a hidden folder called Backdrops.

I will double check for you

@@radeon?

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

radeon

I thought Radeons plugins actually create a hidden folder called Backdrops.

I will double check for you

@@radeon?

Yup, theme videos are hidden, directory and file so - backdrops\theme.mp4.

• 3 weeks later...
Mfusick

I manually search out all the folders called "backdrop" and then bulk edited them in windows (WHS really) to be hidden.

Wonderful.

• 2 months later...
fantaxp7

Quick question kinda related, don't mean to hijack :). I've noticed that sickbeard picks this up as well.

2014-04-23 03:20:50 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename /ht/Shared/Tv/True_Detective/backdrops/theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2014-04-23 03:20:26 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename /ht/Shared/Tv/The.Following/backdrops/theme.mp4 into a valid episode
2014-04-23 03:20:11 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename /ht/Shared/Tv/Sons_of_Anarchy/backdrops/theme.mp4 into a valid episode

These always flood the sickbeard logs.

I checked a tv series folder and I can see backdrops is not hidden. Now I can do what Mfusick did and hide them all, but is there something else I should check to make sure this doesn't occur again?

Thanks

EDIT: Whoops, probably should have posted in the general plugins forums maybe?

Edited by fantaxp7
  • Like 1