"Convert Your Recordings on the Fly" not showing

revengineer
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

revengineer

Hi,

I do not see the option "Convert Your Recordings on the Fly" even though I do have an active premiere subscription. Do I need to enable this somewhere in the settings?

Thanks.

It is only available when recording with the built in live TV support, not when using a plugin because the recording is managed by other software.

revengineer

Now I see. This is under the Live TV Settings. I thought the check box would appear when I push the red record button on the show title in the TV guide. Will test his tonight.

legallink

It is only available when recording with the built in live TV support, not when using a plugin because the recording is managed by other software.

Just as an FYI @@Luke.  I'm using Server WMC, and it is converting the recordings to mp4 (which I love by the way!).

revengineer

do you see it in the online web client at app.emby.media?

I am not using emby connect and cannot see my server through that website. will have to play with it tonight.

Just as an FYI @@Luke.  I'm using Server WMC, and it is converting the recordings to mp4 (which I love by the way!).

If you're using a plugin then no, it's not. At least, it's not this feature that's doing it.

revengineer

do you see it in the online web client at app.emby.media?

So I tried this, and yes I see it there. Then tried again connecting directly to the server and see it there too now. I am just glad I posted the screenshot, so you don't think I am going crazy. In any case, problem seems to be solved. 

• Solution

I think it was just a data issue. It is checking a value to make sure the program is coming from the built-in tv provider. that value wasn't populated until the guide refreshed.

• Like 1

revengineer

I think it was just a data issue. It is checking a value to make sure the program is coming from the built-in tv provider. that value wasn't populated until the guide refreshed.

This makes sense. Because updating the guide takes so long, I only do this once a week, and this happens to be Thursday mornings, which was prior to last night's test.