Item Limit in All Movies View?

nnylray

nnylray

56c37e9670af0_Untitled.png

When viewing all of my movies, I cannot seem to scroll past the 1716th movie poster.  You can see a poster is highlighted in the lower right corner, but the program will not place it in view.  The same result happens when using the alphabet shortcuts on the bottom.  Also, I cannot search for many movies directly after that mark.  Is the program somehow reaching a limit because there are too many movies?  I am not sure if I cannot post any logs, since an event isn't really happening.

• Like 4

Deathsquirrel

IIRC there is a limit, it's around 1500 unless it's changed, and you should SERIOUSLY look at using collections to save you having to scroll so much.  It cut my overall movie list by a bout 1/4 which was a big help when navigating.

Happy2Play

IIRC there is a limit, it's around 1500 unless it's changed, and you should SERIOUSLY look at using collections to save you having to scroll so much.  It cut my overall movie list by a bout 1/4 which was a big help when navigating.

The 1500 limit issue on GitHub has been closed even though it is still and issue.  And even with collections, large libraries are limited to using search to get to a movie beyond a certain point.  Windowed vs Full Screen also allow you to see more media also.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
XiaNYdE

So i've just found this brick wall as well, is there any fix for it, or one intended? It's rather frustrating to not be able to browse past anything beginning with 'M'.

CloudVader

Yep, this is a major issue for me too. I can't scroll past "F" in my Movie collection. I would be dumping Kodi completely if not for this. Any chance of a fix?

XiaNYdE

Yep, this is a major issue for me too. I can't scroll past "F" in my Movie collection. I would be dumping Kodi completely if not for this. Any chance of a fix?

Yeah mate i am in the same vote, i have 3 teenagers telling me to get rid of ET and put Kodi back because of this, which is a shame considering how smooth ET is running compared to Kodi but i can see their point in that it's useless if they can't browse the library :wacko: and unfortunately there seems to be no answers forthcoming about the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
XiaNYdE

@@Luke Is this being looked into at all?? I myself have switched back to Kodi because of this and i am unable to convince any of my clients that i have built media servers for to switch to ET while this problem exists, which is sad because they would happily pay for premium but not while this brick wall exists.

AdrianW

When I tested this - the limit was actually based on resolution. If you run ET in a window then you can scroll further. It seemed to max out at 20,000 pixels wide, so the smaller the posters the further you can go.

XiaNYdE

When I tested this - the limit was actually based on resolution. If you run ET in a window then you can scroll further. It seemed to max out at 20,000 pixels wide, so the smaller the posters the further you can go.

Yeah i found the same but it doesn't exactly help if you're gaining like one extra letter, so instead of hitting the wall at M i can window and hit it at N and it still doesn't help me sell the idea of ET Premium to clients that i've built HTPC/Servers for :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
lorac

I've noticed this on multiple versions of ET. I can click on any letter up to 'M' and it will show the available movies. After that I'm unable to scroll manually or by clicking on a letter. It works fine with the web version. Not PC or user specific.

post-350-0-79045300-1460688393_thumb.png

theater-63596259012.txt

lorac

Thanks. Any news on this? It's really annoying for those of us with large media collections.

• 1 month later...
jscoys

Is is possible when we use letter to unload movies displayed before to display the new one starting at the letter selected? Today we're still blocked at the first 3000 items, and if we select after N letter content doesn't display...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
lorac

I noticed that when I went into reports on my server it only shows 3,749 vs. 4,256 that I actually have.

jscoys

Hum I think it's not the same concern here. I refer to the all movie view in ET which is now limited to 4000 items. I think it's a limitation due to display traeatment which is really heavy in it's current format... Anyway @@Luke and other devs need to optimize ET because all movie view, by year view or other big views are really heavy, even on a powerfull pc, when you own more than 1000 titles. I'm in a bad shape because I've got 6232 movies and when I go to all movie view and try to navigate It took 5-6 seconds to go from one to another item...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deathsquirrel

I noticed that when I went into reports on my server it only shows 3,749 vs. 4,256 that I actually have.

Unrelated as this thread is about an issue that's specific to ET.  For your issue, make sure you aren't set to group movies into collections as that carries over into reports.