Emby add-on - Movies Shortcut / View listed twice

cw-kid
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

cw-kid

Hi

Was just looking in the Emby add-on and I noticed that Movies is listed twice for some reason. If I click in to each of these they both appear to be the same thing. 

56c3493c6d2d3_movies.png

Also since the Emby add-on was removed from the Kodi Programs area, how are you meant to launch the add-on ? If you need to get in to it, to do something like a manual sync or whatever. 

I have been going in to Settings - Add-ons - My Add-ons - All - then clicking on Emby in the list and then finally selecting the Launch button. 

Cheers

Angelblue05

Hm, I'm not sure how the first one is happening....  can you run the refresh playlist/video nodes task via launching the emby add-on? Let me know if it helps.

inzombyac

I get this when I have multiple libraries that are in a combined movie view.  If I remove the library or change the display settings so that they are not combined it does not happen

cw-kid

Hm, I'm not sure how the first one is happening....  can you run the refresh playlist/video nodes task via launching the emby add-on? Let me know if it helps.

Did this, it ran very quickly and has not seemed to have made any difference there are still two movie entries. 

Thanks

cw-kid

I get this when I have multiple libraries that are in a combined movie view.  If I remove the library or change the display settings so that they are not combined it does not happen

Hi

Are you referring to these settings ?

56c47a8ad662e_MyViews.png

xnappo

Yeah, so that is just an artifact of the way you have it set up.  If you had:

Classic Movies

Adult Movies

And had them both checked in 'My Views'

You would get:

Movies

Classic Movies

Adult Movies

Movies would contain both Classic and Adult movies.

Since you just have one entry, and it happens to have the same same, it ends up being redundant.

Shouldn't hurt anything though - you can select either when building your menus.

Movies

cw-kid

Hi

So I should uncheck Movies in the settings in that screen shot. 

I don't really understand these settings, but I know if I have Kids Movies checked it would group Kids Movies and Movies together in one view in the Emby web GUI. 

I wanted them to be separate so I uncheck Kids Movies etc. 

Same with TV and Kids TV I wanted them to be separate.

xnappo

Just leave it as is and ignore the duplicate entry.  You don't actually use that menu for anything other that setting up skin shortcuts right?

cw-kid

Just leave it as is and ignore the duplicate entry.  You don't actually use that menu for anything other that setting up skin shortcuts right?

That's correct.

Thanks

inzombyac

This problem was an issue before but was fixed: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29155-problem-with-emby-nodes/

The duplicate does throw off my home screen because I am using marceveldt's Skin Helper with Skin Shortcuts to auto generate an entry for each node.  For example, I have the following in my mainmenu.DATA.xml:

<shortcut>
	<defaultID>info-window-home-property-emby-nodes-0-title</defaultID>
	<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.0.title)]</label>
	<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.0.content)]</label2>
	<icon>special://skin/extras/icons/emby.png</icon>
	<thumb>special://skin/extras/icons/emby.png</thumb>
	<action>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.0.path)]</action>
</shortcut>
<shortcut>
	<defaultID>info-window-home-property-emby-nodes-1-title</defaultID>
	<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.1.title)]</label>
	<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.1.content)]</label2>
	<icon>special://skin/extras/icons/emby.png</icon>
	<thumb>special://skin/extras/icons/emby.png</thumb>
	<action>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.1.path)]</action>
</shortcut>

This creates two movie entries and then I have to remove one manually.  It would be nice to not to have to delete the duplicate.

Another thing that is odd is that I no longer have entry points in Kodi for the libraries that are combined.  For example I have the following libraries:

Movies

My Movies

Both "Movies" and "My Movies" are checked in the web for my views.  When I go into Kodi I have the following:

Movies

Movies (duplicate)

Angelblue05

I'll look to replicate and fix this

@@inzombyac if you don't have a similar setup as cw-kid do you mind also grabbing a screenshot of your views, so I can try and fix this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
Angelblue05

This should be fixed in the beta version 2.2.2. If you can try it out to confirm, great, otherwise wait until I make a new stable release Monday (if everything goes well). Thanks for reporting!

• Like 2

cw-kid

Hi

Just installed version 2.2.2 it offered it as an update in Kodi. 

Initially when looking in the Emby Video add-on, all the folders were missing, however shortly after (initial sync?) they then all appeared again and Movies is only listed once now.

56c840386243c_Emby.png

Thanks

• Like 1