Duplicates on intial Setup

benbour

benbour

Hello all, first time post on here.

I just did a basic setup of Emby last night. I really thought the concept was neat, and my main goal here is to have a synced media library between all of my media centers. Pausing a movie or tv show in one room, and resuming it in another, is very cool.

So I downloaded and ran the setup for the Emby server on my windows computer. I scanned in my media, and proceeded to download the addon for my Kodi devices. So far so good. I then set up the addon and it processed all movies and tv shows.

The problem now is I see duplicates for everything in my library. 1 entry is from the original library, which works and plays fine. The other, I believe, was put there by Emby, and it does not play. Kodi throws the error about it not being found, do I want to remove. So I decided I'd clean the library, and it removed all the duplicates. I thought that once everything was set up, I'd make shortcuts to the Emby stuff on my home screen and access my media that way. I'm not sure why it added entries to my Kodi library.

xnappo

Really it is best to start out the Emby sync with an empty library - and also important to remove any sources you may have added.

• Like 1

benbour

Really it is best to start out the Emby sync with an empty library - and also important to remove any sources you may have added.

I see. I'll start over with a clean DB, I guess. The downside being that I'll lose my watched status for everything.

xnappo

I see. I'll start over with a clean DB, I guess. The downside being that I'll lose my watched status for everything.

If you have your watched status in .nfo files, Emby should have respected them when it imported.

Alternatively, you can sync the status to Trakt using the Kodi plugin, then use the Emby Trakt plugin to sync before you switch.