Emby Theater - Folder Navigation For Music Menu

jbsdma

Please like this post if you're in the same boat as I, so the developers can gauge interest!

I know there are others out there like the classical and jazz folks, electronic music connoisseurs, music producers, podcast & audiobook collectors, etc. that the metadata systems just don't work well for ... especially when you have multiple file types and huge libraries that are already organized well.

Folder view navigation would be very welcome in my household. It works well with other wares but we all love Emby and are pulling for this wonderful system to come together ;-)

Btw, I do love the other, more enriched views for Movies, TV, etc. ... even for music that is tagged accordingly - this would be a fallback for those files that get lost?!

SO ... it seems I missed the "mixed content" setting for the library so there's no metadata scraping. For the other noobs out there this seems to get a folder view navigation to work ... but I don't know if this is quite the right way going about this and I would guess doesn't enable the enriched, categorical views???

• 9 months later...

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !