Emby not visible on Xbox One with server 3.0.5873.0

tobias-tobin

LqHnyBear

Odd, the Xbox and Tv have been on for several hours and they're still not showing up since build. Version 3.0.5886.0 I've even turn them off then back on, restarted the computer and emby server. Still not showing up. My iPad and iPhone when using safari, chrome or the emby app show up immediately upon opening emby but not the Samsung TV or the Xbox One. If there is any more info I can offer to help figure out the problem please tell me exactly what you need. :)

TheCheeseCakeFactory

Hi Luke,

I too am having the same issue with my Xbox One since a couple of updates ago,

I have tried the following,

- Restarting Emby

- Restarting Computer which Emby runs on

- Unplugging Router for 10 mins and restarting

- Holding down power button on Xbox One to restart

The only thing I can think of doing is taking my Xbox One out of the DMZ on my router, however it has always been configured this way even before Emby stoppped showing up. Havent yet done this as this isn't a solution for me as I need to do this to get an Open Nat type for gaming.

Is there anything else I could try?

Many thanks,

Peter

*UPDATE*

I have removed my Xbox One from the DMZ and restarted everything again and Emby still isn't picked up by Xbox One, I am running Version 3.0.5880.0

Edited by TheCheeseCakeFactory

LqHnyBear

It's odd because my Samsung TV will occasionally show up after several hours but only sometimes. The Xbox One never shows up. Here are my logs from the last few days. Don't know if they'll help or not but it's what I've got. I'm currently on Version 3.0.5888.0

logs.zip

LqHnyBear

As of Version 3.0.5890.0 my Samsung TV and Xbox One appeared. However on Version 3.0.5890.0 and Version 3.0.5891.0 the Xbox One takes a incredibly long amount of time to appear in emby. I just updated to Version 3.0.5891.0 and it's been 15 minutes, and I restarted the Xbox One, the Samsung TV reappeared after about 2 minutes but the Xbox hasn't reappeared yet.

LqHnyBear

Ok the Xbox One finally did show up but it took about 6 hours. Once I turn the TV and Xbox off, then turn them back on, it takes a very long time for them to appear again. This is true on Version 3.0.5892.0 as well.

LqHnyBear

I'm still having issues. Tv and Xbox have been on for a few hours and not appearing in emby. Updated to Version 3.0.5894.0 and restarted the server, 15 minutes later and they're still not appearing in Emby. I've tried with "Blast alive messages" on and off. Neither helps.

*Edit* I've since restarted my Xbox One and Tv and neither is showing up.

*Edit 2* Xbox One and TV just appeared in Emby after about 30 minutes. Don't understand why it takes them so long to appear now.

Edited by LqHnyBear

TheCheeseCakeFactory

Just a quick update from me....

I upgrade to the BETA Version 3.0.5895.0 and everything is working like a dream again!!!

:D :D :D :D

Thank You EMBY!!!

LqHnyBear

I wish I could say the same. Upgraded to Version 3.0.5895.0 and now after 3 hours neither the Xbox One or Samsung TV have appeared in emby. Any ideas? 

LqHnyBear

Do you guys have any thoughts or ideas on how I might be able to fix this? Or is it still just a bug? Is there anymore info I can give, another copy of my logs?

LqHnyBear

I wasn't able to try your suggestion before Version 3.0.5897.0 came out do to a hectic work schedule. My Samsung TV and Xbox One are both appearing immediately with the release of Version 3.0.5897.0. Hopefully that means it's fixed. :)

LqHnyBear

It appears that with Version 3.0.5902.0 the problem is back. Neither my TV or Xbox One are appearing anymore.

LqHnyBear

No dlna related changes have been made. 

By the way, i haven't put it on the blog yet, but you might be interested in checking this out:

http://emby.media/emby-theater-xboxone.html

Thank you. I reboot my computer and everything is working again. I've tried emby through the edge browser, I didn't care for it before. Has it been changed in the last several months?

• 2 weeks later...
LqHnyBear

I'm on Version 3.0.5915.0 and I'm still having issues with my devices showing up in Emby. I'm lost for what could be the issue. Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Happy2Play

Have you read this thread?  Chef's began working, with Luke's request?

Edited by Happy2Play

LqHnyBear

Version 3.0.5821 worked fine. Upon restarting my tv and xbox one they both appeared in emby. I already had both turned on when I installed and ran 3.0.5821 but they didn't appear until I turned them off then back on for some reason even after 15 minutes.