emby detects mkv as ts

Flymy

just try again with the defaults and the latest server release because i resolved an issue related to the samsung profile.

Hi again,

After two days, it still works.

In the attachment you can find my *.xml profile and a pdf file where i have highlited my changes. 

For those of you who are interested in my thoughts:

• I think the most important modification was in this line:
    <CodecProfile type="Video" codec="h264">
    <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoLevel" value="51" isRequired="true"
    It caused that my TV suddenly showed all the other *.mkv's, which were concealed till this time. 51 stands for h.264 level 5.1 instead of 4.1. Please do not ask me why this was a problem.
  • 56c3195159e94_Bildschirmfoto20160216um13
    This are media formats, which my TV supports. You can find it in the manual of your TV. As you can see, *.mkv's (h.264) are also supported with 60fps. So maybe you can modify the value from 40 to 60. But in most cases its useless, because nobody will make a saftey copy with that high frame rate. 
    <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoFramerate" value="40" isRequired="true" />
  • <MaxStreamingBitrate>99999999 - does everyone know. Do not take a higher value, because this does not work.
  • Identification:<Headers>
          <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="SEC_" match="Substring" />
        </Headers>
    No additional information is needed!
  • Subtitles: They can cause many problems. I added those which the manual said, the TV will support.
    Important: DIDL Mode always: CaptionInfoEx
    56c31b9a87aad_Bildschirmfoto20160216um13

<SubtitleProfile format="srt" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="srt" method="External" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="smi" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="sub" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="txt" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="ssa" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="ass" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="psb" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />
        <SubtitleProfile format="xml" method="Embed" didlMode="CaptionInfoEx" />

I hope i could help you a little!

Flymy

Samsung Smart TV.xml

Samsung Smart TV profile.pdf

Edited by Flymy

Della Dog

Samsung series TVs have the year as part of the Model. 

I think, D,E,F ... H/HU = 2014, J series 2015

Mine = HU8550, so 2014,  I think.

Edited by Della Dog

Happy2Play

@@Flymy, looks like the only thing you didn't add was your hevc support.

HEVC and level 51 will be the biggest difference between old and new models a long with subtitle support.

My profile also works with Samsung D6500 series. The only thing you have to change are the http headers! You need need  value="SEC_HPP_" and  value="SEC_HPP_TV"!

I installed the FlyMy's DLNA profile for my 2015 J series, and with that, All .MP4 files that we showing up as .TS, are now not showing up at all. All these Mp4's are playing direct when using windows play-to. So the TV can handle tem, it is just the profile configuration. I plan to undo all his changes 1 at the time and see what is making them re-appear and report back..

Happy2Play

Flymy's profile removed transcoding (<TranscodingProfiles />) to a specific format, but left all the Container and Codec condition requirements that force transcoding.

• 1 month later...
sterfield

Hello guys,

I have a UE55JU7500 (year 2015, according to http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1052003) 

I've encountered the same error. Some videos were considered as ".ts" and the TV then failed to handle the stream, with an "the chosen file is not supported yet" error.

I edited a field in the "Samsung TV" DLNA profile, which created a new XML file in a "user" folder.

Then I edited the file, and changed the :

<Conditions>
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="Width" value="1920" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="Height" value="1080" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoFramerate" value="30" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoBitrate" value="37500000" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoLevel" value="41" isRequired="true" />
      </Conditions>
    </CodecProfile>

to :

<Conditions>
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="Width" value="1920" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="Height" value="1080" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoFramerate" value="30" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoBitrate" value="37500000" isRequired="true" />
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="VideoLevel" value="51" isRequired="true" />
      </Conditions>
    </CodecProfile>

(basically, "VideoLevel" set from "41" to "51").

And boom, many videos then appeared not anymore as ".ts" but as ".mkv" (or whatever the extension, as long as it's h264).

So I have a few questions :

• what's the "videoLevel" attribute and what are the value that can be filled in ?
  • if several users are seeing the issues mentioned in this thread, maybe the default profile should be updated ? Or if there's a conflict (because earlier TV doesn't support all the codecs), maybe we could work with you guys to define a correct profile for newer samsung TVs ?
  • As far as I can see, we can only update the conditions inside the XML file and not within the GUI. Is it something planned at some point ?

Thanks,

Sterfield

Edited by sterfield

Happy2Play

what's the "videoLevel" attribute and what are the value that can be filled in ?

It is the level set when the encoding of the media was done.

If you look at any of your media you will see the information in Media Info.

•if several users are seeing the issues mentioned in this thread, maybe the default profile should be updated ? Or if there's a conflict (because earlier TV doesn't support all the codecs), maybe we could work with you guys to define a correct profile for newer samsung TVs ?

Correct, the problem is how to identify then differently.

sterfield

Ok so some additional research:

Video decoders

• H.264 FHD is supported up to Level 4.1. (does not support FMO/ASO/RS)
  • H.264 UHD is supported up to Level 5.1.
  • Then Flymy's TV manual : Almost the same manual, but it's then stated that H264 level 5.1 is not supported (page 164).

Video decoders

• H.264 FHD is supported up to Level 4.1. (does not support FMO/ASO/RS)

However, he said that it worked. So I suppose that a recent upgrade of the firmware allowed to handle H264 level 5.1

• Finally, FlyMy said that its D6000 Samsung is working also with the modified profile. Again, the manual is specifically saying thay H264 up to level 4.1 (included) are supported. Also, D6000 TV is from 2011.

So, we have a wide range of TVs (2011, 2015), with various OS (mine is Tizen, I suppose the D6000 is Smart TV) that are able to decode H264 level 5.1 videos. However, I suppose that older TVs were not supporting H264 level 5.1 originally, but that it was added in a firmware update.

So question : is there a "fallback" mechanism in the profile, something like if the given Direct Play profile is not working, to try another one ? It could ease the configuration a lot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
SSJ4Gokou

I am having the same issues aswell. I have tried modifying the above video level with no luck. any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the FlyMy's DLNA profile for my 2015 J series, and with that, All .MP4 files that we showing up as .TS, are now not showing up at all. All these Mp4's are playing direct when using windows play-to. So the TV can handle tem, it is just the profile configuration. I plan to undo all his changes 1 at the time and see what is making them re-appear and report back..

That's not surprising me. I think you just have to add "mp4" to your profile. I do not need this codec so i left it off. 

@Sterfield: I'm glad to see, that you picked up my ideas. 
I'm very happy that my emby is still working very fine!

• 3 weeks later...
funkygibbon

Would be very interested in trying this profile for my 2015 Samsung, but have no idea how or where to upload it.

Tried the wiki, but that's still empty.  Github seems to indicate Mediabrowser.dlna\Profiles\Xml but I'm using the FreeNAS plugin and can't find anything similar in the PBI

Flymy

Would be very interested in trying this profile for my 2015 Samsung, but have no idea how or where to upload it.

Tried the wiki, but that's still empty.  Github seems to indicate Mediabrowser.dlna\Profiles\Xml but I'm using the FreeNAS plugin and can't find anything similar in the PBI

So your Server is a NAS?

• 3 months later...