Live TV on Emby for WMC

raymondjpg

raymondjpg

Is live TV possible on Emby for WMC? I have MediaPortal TV Server 1.7.0 set up for backend and MPExtended 0.6 working at the server end with Live TV showing the guide.

What I cannot see is how to get Emby for WMC client on another PC to show a LiveTV option for viewing TV and recording. What am I missing?

pünktchen

As far as i know Emby for WMC doesn't support any live tv plugin.

The reason is simple: WMC itself is a live tv solution.

You could try Kodi if you want MediaPortal tv and Emby media in a single frontend or wait until Emby Theater gets all live tv features.

raymondjpg

As far as i know Emby for WMC doesn't support any live tv plugin.

The reason is simple: WMC itself is a live tv solution.

You could try Kodi if you want MediaPortal tv and Emby media in a single frontend or wait until Emby Theater gets all live tv features.

Thanks for your clear response. I wasn't sure from posts here whether or not it would work with Emby for WMC, and I see that you have put quite some effort into the application. I have Live TV set up in Kodi with MediaPortal as a back end, but wanted to re-visit the possibility that it could be set up in Emby. I have seen references to the possibility of Live TV in Emby Theater but at this stage it looked to me like that might be a paid for option.

pünktchen

Will Emby Theater always be a paid option - who knows? Reportedly not <_<

Right now you are right, you have to pay to get playback capabilities. Probably the devs go this route, because they only want the strong userbase to test the software at this beta stage.