Are contributions divided?

Koleckai Silvestri

Koleckai Silvestri

Probably going to make a contribution to the project after the New Year. I am enjoying it better than I did with the Plex Server and I love the editing in the Web Client. My question is are contributions divided? IN other words if I make a larger contribution to the project does a little of that go to the iOS or Roku developers and a little to plugin developers, etc..? Or should I make a smaller contribution to the main project and kick a few bucks to the other components that I use?

• Like 1

Airbender

Hi usually if you buy a plugin or an app that goes to developers and if you pay donation to MB3 that goes for Website , Forums and MB3 as project in general 

Hope this help

• Like 1

yardameus

I did see recently that some of the donations to MB3 also go to sites that we make use of (fanart etc...)  I would say if you make good use of a particular plugin, donate directly to them if you can, as well as MB3.  In some ways that ends up coming back around to MB3 anyways, from the additional work the devs do on the forum or on free plugins (Redshirt for example). 

• Like 1

First and foremost they cover costs such as hosting your automatic updates. The grand majority of the rest of it goes right back into the project so that we can purchase devices to add support for and test on. After that there's not much left.

To answer your question - I would spread the donations around to anyone you feel deserves it. I know that you are using Roku and I think gcw07 really deserves it. A great way to donate is just to buy all of the apps that you can - our 8.1 app, android (on both play store and amazon), windows phone, etc. I think Tikuf deserves it as well because he's the man behind the curtain making streaming work. 

I have suggested to our developers to setup donation pages and so far most have not done it. They could always setup amazon wish lists instead.

• Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely be working to support the clients I am using. I was surprised the iPhone app was free and the Android app is $5.00. Usually it is the other way around. 

I have suggested to our developers to setup donation pages and so far most have not done it. They could always setup amazon wish lists instead.

We could apply donation icon link to everyone and will display here under his name at topic view as well in his profile.

• Like 2