530 replies to this topic

#521 lisag OFFLINE  

lisag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Local time: 03:04 PM

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:56 AM

Hi Glenn, thanks for working on it, I am afraid it wasn't successfull.

No response from Frontview with PMP at all, until I switch to OpenPHT and play back something from the Plex server (on another machine) for a couple of seconds, then Frontview works with OpenPHT, and continues to work when I switch back to PMP.

#522 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Local time: 01:04 AM
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:00 AM

Hi Glenn, thanks for working on it, I am afraid it wasn't successfull.

No response from Frontview with PMP at all, until I switch to OpenPHT and play back something from the Plex server (on another machine) for a couple of seconds, then Frontview works with OpenPHT, and continues to work when I switch back to PMP.

Can I have a debug and trace log?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#523 lisag OFFLINE  

lisag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:15 AM

Attached File  FrontView+.log   320.87KB   5 downloadsIt's been a while, and I can't remember what they are!

Here is the log file though, do you need something else?

Edited by lisag, 10 October 2019 - 04:16 AM.

#524 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:56 AM

attachicon.gifFrontView+.logIt's been a while, and I can't remember what they are!

Here is the log file though, do you need something else?

Thanks

Will have a look soon - that’s what I needed!

I did test Plex and worked okay on my testing....

Double check the remote is connecting to the Plex Server IP and username in FV is email / password for Plex
FV should then only show the player running on the same computer as it (based on IP addresses). If local FV computer has multiple IP address / multiple network connections might cause issue ...

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#525 lisag OFFLINE  

lisag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:34 AM

Thanks Glenn.

I think I am all compliant in that set up.

Plex server is running on another computer with a static IP of 192.168.1.1

HTPC where FV is intalled is just on the home network, and set up as you describe.

It's very odd that it works for you and not for me. Also odd that OpenPHT works, and after that so does PMP. But PMP won't connect with FV on first boot, until I run OpenPHT.

#526 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:12 AM

Thanks Glenn.
I think I am all compliant in that set up.
Plex server is running on another computer with a static IP of 192.168.1.1
HTPC where FV is intalled is just on the home network, and set up as you describe.
It's very odd that it works for you and not for me. Also odd that OpenPHT works, and after that so does PMP. But PMP won't connect with FV on first boot, until I run OpenPHT.

The log actually looks fine - but will have a more careful look

FV remote should be set to Plex server IP & then only connects to Plex server, which then tells it about playback, which matches to local IP. It never connects to local clients. And can’t see how openPHT would change something , other than the initial connection which have changed.

Can you double check the Plex.dll in plugin folder and check version?
And/or Can you send a log just with PMP and FV, as you say won’t connect but need to see log from this.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#527 lisag OFFLINE  

lisag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:11 AM

Hi Glenn,

The plex remote version that is in use is 1.0.180.0

In FV the Plex remote is showing as connected, using IP address 192.168.1.1 and port 32400 (that is the server, a separate Windows 8 PC).

The login and password is my usual plex one.

If I open PMP and play back a file, FV does nothing. if I click verify it says 'bad remote parameters. Please check that remote is running and correctly configured.'

However, as soon as I open OpenPHT, I can click verify on the Plex remote in FV and it works, no error message.

I can then close OpenPHT and open PMP again, the 'bad remote parameter' message comes back when i click verify, but it still works as I play back video in PMP.

Weird aye?!

Here are some logs, after a reboot, with just PMP being opened, video played back for 1 minute.

Attached Files

#528 lisag OFFLINE  

lisag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

Glenn, there has just been a Plex server update and I think the issue is fixed!

Here is one of the fixes in the update, which sounds like it might have done it..

(NAS) Permissions issues resulting in a failures to start

#529 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:19 PM

Hi Glenn,

The plex remote version that is in use is 1.0.180.0

In FV the Plex remote is showing as connected, using IP address 192.168.1.1 and port 32400 (that is the server, a separate Windows 8 PC).

The login and password is my usual plex one.

If I open PMP and play back a file, FV does nothing. if I click verify it says 'bad remote parameters. Please check that remote is running and correctly configured.'

However, as soon as I open OpenPHT, I can click verify on the Plex remote in FV and it works, no error message.

I can then close OpenPHT and open PMP again, the 'bad remote parameter' message comes back when i click verify, but it still works as I play back video in PMP.

Weird aye?!

Here are some logs, after a reboot, with just PMP being opened, video played back for 1 minute.

Ok
My fix didn’t quite kill the issue - I see the problem, at the moment need to have some other client open anywhere. Could try open on the server web browser - to Plex library, shouldn’t need to play anything. Think that will temp work - before fix completely in a few hours.

Try 1.305 - pretty sure fixed Plex

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ, 11 October 2019 - 03:13 AM.

#530 Red5ive OFFLINE  

Red5ive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:41 PM

Have set up Frontview with Kodi which is running the NextPVR as its PVR backend.

I am getting program info when viewing tv channels and recordings but the channel logo is being used twice, as logo and backdrop, no fanart. Here is a photo:

5db1ee01d3ac2_Untitled.png

The Kodi service is installed and the web service setup. The check box for 'Use Kodi service' is ticked in frontview settings.

Also I was wondering if things like the player controls and volume could be hidden and the time and text made bigger? My case is an old Silverstone and this is only a 5" display so it is hard to read anything!

#531 GlennNZ OFFLINE  

GlennNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

Have set up Frontview with Kodi which is running the NextPVR as its PVR backend.
I am getting program info when viewing tv channels and recordings but the channel logo is being used twice, as logo and backdrop, no fanart. Here is a photo:
5db1ee01d3ac2_Untitled.png

The Kodi service is installed and the web service setup. The check box for 'Use Kodi service' is ticked in frontview settings.

Also I was wondering if things like the player controls and volume could be hidden and the time and text made bigger? My case is an old Silverstone and this is only a 5" display so it is hard to read anything!

Hi

The channel logo will be the only ‘artwork’ that Kodi and a Frontview get - hence it is reused. Pretty much no other way around it, as the channels don’t have artwork program to program.

The player controls/volume can’t be hidden althought it may be possible to alter this. However the time/text, whole screen, everything is very customisable form within the settings. Try the text size, and the overriding slider changes the whole size of these boxes.

Glenn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iMon, LCD, 2ndScreen, SecondScreen, Soundgraph, Thermaltake, Silverstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users