Auto generated chapters at end of the video

AdrianW

AdrianW

I just added some new content that is exactly 25 minutes long (possibly a few hundredths less).

Default chapter extracts are at every five minutes - but for some reason I got a chapter created at the 25 minute mark - but no image was extracted - the extract failed:

2016-02-06 00:33:41.4790 Error MediaEncoder: ffmpeg image extraction failed for file:"\\KANAME\Video\Anime\Seirei no Moribito\Season 1\Moribito Guardian of the Spirit S01E09 Shuga's Thirst.mkv"
2016-02-06 00:33:41.4790 Error MediaEncoder: I-frame image extraction failed, will attempt standard way. Input: file:"\\KANAME\Video\Anime\Seirei no Moribito\Season 1\Moribito Guardian of the Spirit S01E09 Shuga's Thirst.mkv"
2016-02-06 00:33:42.9891 Error MediaEncoder: ffmpeg image extraction failed for file:"\\KANAME\Video\Anime\Seirei no Moribito\Season 1\Moribito Guardian of the Spirit S01E09 Shuga's Thirst.mkv"
2016-02-06 00:33:42.9891 Error App: Error extraching chapter images for \\KANAME\Video\Anime\Seirei no Moribito\Season 1\Moribito Guardian of the Spirit S01E09 Shuga's Thirst.mkv
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5879.1931
	Command line: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	ffmpeg image extraction failed for file:"\\KANAME\Video\Anime\Seirei no Moribito\Season 1\Moribito Guardian of the Spirit S01E09 Shuga's Thirst.mkv"
	System.ApplicationException
	   at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<ExtractImageInternal>d__27.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<ExtractImage>d__20.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.MediaEncoder.EncodingManager.<RefreshChapterImages>d__0.MoveNext()

56b4d2f315320_chapters.jpg

I'd suggest that no chapters should be automatically generated within about 10 seconds of the end of the video. 

• Like 1