Segregation of Log files

anderbytes

anderbytes

Is it possible to create separated log files depending on the context being written?

Sometimes I want to debug issues ... example: related only to DLNA, SYNC, PLUGINS...etc...

Today I have to navigate a endless river of log data just to find ONE or TWO lines about something I'm tracking.

If this is not possible. Maybe at least some checkboxes in the "Logs" screen to choose what is being written or not? So we can focus only on what matters at the time.

Thanks!

Hi. I don't really plan on doing this because it will make it harder for users to report problems.

Also, when people report issues, it's helpful for us to see the entire log so that we can see the complete picture. Just getting a snippet of activity will make it harder for us to help you.

• Like 1

anderbytes

Hi. I don't really plan on doing this because it will make it harder for users to report problems.

Also, when people report issues, it's helpful for us to see the entire log so that we can see the complete picture. Just getting a snippet of activity will make it harder for us to help you.

I just wished reading logs was something easier.

Separation, colors, anything would help...

Edited by anderbytes