MB Classic hanging with ehexthost high CPU

AndyAlexander

AndyAlexander

I've recently found that with most of my media, when it gets to the end of playback MB Classic will hang with a 'not responding' message in WMC.  This corresponds to ehexthost taking ~90% cpu and media centre being unresponsive.  Killing the process brings everything back, closes MB Classic and the world is fine.

Looking at the logs... http://paste2.org/8w7NJ0YZ

It seems that there are many many thousand (>10,000) lines (i've only included a few in the log) where the client is hitting the server for what looks like 'Worker thread for runningtimestr calc'

This is running on:

Win 7

MB Classic 3.1.100.0 B12-4.1

MrWebsmith

im seeing this from time to time as well... ill be more helpful and fetch the appropriate logs.. it was on mbc 102 w updated chocolate theme.. and was at the end of an ep of revolution last night and good wife the night before.. ill dig up some logs for ya ebr

on my system its "hanging" during the phase where it should be closing out the media and marking watched.. it (chocolate) sits with the resume icon (instead of play) on the new detail page, as well as the now playing arrow in the top right corner.. if i wait, for a couple full minutes.. it will resolve on its own and not crash out WMC

db link for server log and mbc client log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uy72zsu35puidt/mbclog.revolution.s02e06.rar

@@ebr im getting old and im not 100% but i believe the delay was AFTER playback of revolution s02e06 and before i played ep 7 but it also MAY have been after 7... hopefully you can "see" it.

Edited by MrWebsmith

No, it was after episode 5.

Something kicked off a huge re-load of your library on the application thread.  That should never happen.  Not sure how it did and why only in that situation.

MrWebsmith

ok well see i told you i was getting old... ill watch for it tonight and see if i can notice anything strange happening.. Thanks..

More like stupid.  I moved those two screen savers over into the catalog six months ago and never really have looked at them since.  They probably both need to be modified to work in the new environment better.

MrWebsmith

well ill run without the saver for now and see if any of these "hangs" happen.. ill let you know either way.. hopefully if something is awry with the plugins its not too terribly hard to update to mb3-ness.. although definitely not a high priority item for you in any case.

MrWebsmith

@@ebr

this did happen 2x last night despite removing the cover ss on both htpcs.. i have 1 log of each htpc client/freeze instance, and 1 server log that shows both instances..

1: White Collar.. frozen 906PM to 910PM after the episode ended on main HTPC

2:How i Met...: 30min show too... froze approx 944pm

in both cases significant patience is the "fix" but this is a new thing in the past approx 4days.. let me know what you'd like for the next round of testing on this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwca1bhqfbl4390/twombchangs918.rar

Edited by MrWebsmith