Why do you cropped clearart/logo images

dazed

This is a normal 1000x562 clearart image

YOF2wVx.png

Same image after emby trimmed off the transparent bits and made it 749x558

tjSisdk.png

I'll do a few more if you need them

in most cases it works out for the better. in that particular example it appears the UI is doing some stretching so i can understand it how it might not seem like a good idea. but it's not very common that you're going to see series character art stacked next to people images

Marcel had to change the way images are scaled because of the image not scale properly because of emby resizing it. I don't understand why you need to remove the transparent bits anyway in a lot of cases it's like 2 to 8 pixels

Edited by dazed

Can this resize be optional? I mean if it was to save space i'd understand but the difference between both images is 4KB i'd rather keep the original image than save 4KB

That isn't actually a person image, that is a TV Series thumb.

See the other discussions out here about aspect ratios in the web client.  That is what is happening here.  The app is trying to present a consistent presentation so, if the artwork is not consistent, sometimes items will be slightly distorted.

Fixed it, well for images i already have not new ones by adding a 1x1 black box in 4 corners and settings the opacity to 1% then using a PS action to apply this to every image

• 1 month later...
dazed

Can this be moved into feature requests as it's now becoming a pain in the arse to have to fix all the images now, i made a logo image to test spacing on a skins OSD in kodi looked like this https://i.imgur.com/S08ijzK.png pinkish colour being the 10px gutter used on fanart.tv and white the space that can be used for the logo and for some stupid unknown reason emby then resizes it to this https://i.imgur.com/IsaQtMj.png can someone explain why? Is it now being set up to auto remove the 10x gutter?