Kodi Beta Plugin 2.0.1 Kodi Server sync view always on

nicko84

nicko84

Hello,

Setup in Kodi Beta Plugin have no effect on Sync view in Kodi (it was already true in 

previous version of the beta plugin)

Best Regards

nicko84

When the plugin makes a sync with Emby Server, you can see in a window the sync state.

In the plugin settings you can choose to see or not the sync state...but this setup has no effect.

chriskeens

Are you referring to the 'show sync progress' option under 'sync settings' in the add-on settings in Kodi?

Do you mean with this setting set off you still see the sync progress even though you expect not to?

Edited by chriskeens

SwanStream

Ditto. Been some time now for me that changing the option(s) related to seeing the dialog box showing sync progress has no effect and full dialog is always shown when any sync progress is happening.

In case it's related I think the pop-up also screws up filter views for me, resetting to no filter each time something pops up while I'm viewing a filter set.

I've adjusted the options within the addon as well as under video in base Kodi settings. Sorry I can't be more specific, not where I can look at what the various settings I've tried are called. No log I can share at the moment either.

Angelblue05

Can you tell me if which scenario you see the dialog (when), but it shouldn't display? I've just tested on my side and everything is working correctly. The progress dialog will show up regardless for the following: Initial sync or Manual sync. The incremental sync and fast sync should follow the setting. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

SwanStream

Not speaking for OP, but on mine I see dialog show up for all activity (as far as I can tell). When the machine wakes up there's a sync, not sure if that's considered 'initial or manual'. After that when done watching a show there seems to be a quick update or some such... don't see it on screen while watching anything but there seem to be a lot of very quick pop-ups if I'm hangin out at a show list or main screen. For instance, I'll go into tv, filter by genre, and start to look up/down and there will be some quick pop-up about sync something or other, the filter setting goes away and I'm left looking at all tv listing again. Not sure if that helps.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes it helps to have as much info as possible :)

When you wake up the device, it will run either a Fast sync or a manual sync (to make sure the library is synced since Kodi was offline). The process depends on if you have the server plugin installed and if it's able to respond within the timeout limit of 30 seconds. If it fails or the plugin is not installed, then it will run a manual sync, which you'll see the pop up for saying Comparing movies, etc.

Other than that, the incremental sync runs anytime an event happens server side. At the end of playback, we tell the server this item has been watched, and in turn the server notifies the add-on that item has been watched. If the setting is disabled, then you shouldn't be seeing a popup. Otherwise, you may see Compressing database. That's a Kodi message which you can disable in settings > Video > Hide progress library update.

I am however, not seeing this issue. Does the popup include the contents name? A simple test: what if you have the setting disabled and you go into the webclient and mark something as watched. Do you see the progress dialog show up in Kodi? What do you see? Because I don't see anything with the setting disabled, and I see something when the setting is enabled.

Edited by Angelblue05