Emby for Kodi - "play from here" freeze issue

SwanStream

SwanStream

OK, so here's one I've been seeing for some time, but just now suspecting the issue is related to the addon.

Waking the Kodi-Win7x64 PC starts a scan, so far so good. If I open up YouTube addon, drill down to a subscription and 'play from here' via context menu it plays the first item in the list and hangs at the end/before marking it played or moving on to the next item. I'm usually impatiently trying to watch the news at the time so not inclined to watch the 'Ouroboros of wait', but rather shut the app (windows pop-up, unresponsive app, wait or close app, etc.) 

Other times the YouTube addon runs great, no pauses, just moves on to the next item in the list.

So, it has seemed rather random. Without a pattern I've not reported it. But now I suspect the scan is interfering. Don't have a log I can post, but thought I'd shoot off this info till I can gather a log.

Angelblue05

When you see it happen, post that log (make sure the add-on log level is set to debug, and no Kodi debug is necessary). Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

SwanStream

Here's a couple of log files to start with. I've had two lockups of Kodi while doing initial sync. Just trying to access the YouTube addon has done it. Let me know if this sheds any light! (Might also help with the always visible dialog box when syncing thread)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hidcrjmtbqxg6t/kodi.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33qi7o2e4oo4z86/kodi.old.log?dl=0

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It unfortunately doesn't help with the always visible dialog box. Did you try the test I asked? You didn't reply in the other thread.

Do not touch the ui, let your sync complete. The add-on is hammering resources to import all the emby data into Kodi. I see you tried to play something during the initial sync, this will lock up Kodi.

Then let me know if you still experience your issue with youtube after the initial sync has completed. Thanks.

Unless you are saying that the initial sync doesn't complete even if you don't touch the ui the entire process?

Edited by Angelblue05

SwanStream

Haven't had a chance to test anything yet. The initial sync has been going for quite a while. (Had to delete the db as I kept getting sync hanging/exiting errors). I'll let you know what happens after the initial build is finally done.... Tomorrow likely.

Big library good, big library sync bad! :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Heh yes :) Ok, well let me know then. 

If it crashes during the initial sync, you can use the reset local database via the launching the add-on to start fresh (in case you didn't know).

SwanStream

@@Angelblue05 - quick update/question. Haven't been able to test anything yet as I haven't been able to get a full/clean sync to happen yet without the very annoying 'sync thread crashed' error. Not sure what's causing it now, but I suspect it maybe the sleep timer kicking in... Kodi doesn't see the sync process as activity maybe? causing it to crash when it wakes from sleep? Just a wild-ass guess.

Edited by bikesquid

Angelblue05

Gah Yes, most likely :(. Your Kodi can go to screensaver mode, but if it goes to sleep, it terminates connections and will definitively crash the initial sync. The sync doesn't cause any activity that Kodi can see. I will check to see if there's something we can do about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk