After Last update Movie playing different movies

space2001

space2001

It is really weird as now some movies are playing different movies.

When I check the meta Manage everything looks fine but the movie info page show the meta manager of all my E lettered movies. 

Attached is screen shot.

When I go to edit the movie everything is ok.

I even refreshed the data/ restarted emby.

But none of my E lettered movies are showing up under movies now. 

Server Version Version 3.0.5821.0

post-328-0-23291800-1454508923_thumb.jpg

Edited by space2001

space2001

Just noticed that some of my movies that where fine before got re-scanned and now are showing up as different movies.

for example x-men was fine but got rescanned as weapon-x

space2001

You also all my J movies are the same.

When I go to lay Jack Ryan it plays Jerry McGuire. Because in the media info all the J movies are under Jack Ryan.

Any Help? Seems the movies got all group together. I can not split them apart Using Split Versions apart.

Edited by space2001

ok, because they all start with the folder name, they are being grouped as one single movie. i will have to look at how to handle that.

Kramerika

I was just going to post this.  I am having the exact same issue.  I actually discovered the error in a similar way.  I went to play one movie, and it played the wrong one.  Prior to going to bed last night (pre-update), all was fine.  When I checked today (post-update), any folder containing movies that start with the same name as the folder is taking on the details for the first movie only (in alphabetical order).  I tried rescaning the library and readding the folder.  Neither fixed the issue.  For example:

Folder: Austin Powers

Contents: Austin Powers Goldmember (2002), Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999), Austin Powers International Man Of Mystery (1997)

What Emby shows: Austin Powers Goldmember

For folders that contains movies whose names start with different words from the folder name, it still works fine.

Edited by Kramerika

This is resolved in the beta branch. If installing the beta please make sure to read the blog announcement.

Kramerika

This is resolved in the beta branch. If installing the beta please make sure to read the blog announcement.

How long until this fix reaches the stable branch?  I have not joined the beta to avoid having more frequent issues like this one, so I would rather wait for the fix in the stable one than jump in on the beta.  But if it going to take weeks, I guess I would consider it given the impact.

• 1 month later...
Benkuly

Is the problem resolved? I still have the problem with Austin Powers and other movies on Debian. "split version apart" does nothing. Is there a workaround?

Edited by Benkuly

Is the problem resolved? I still have the problem with Austin Powers and other movies on Debian. "split version apart" does nothing. Is there a workaround?

We would need to look at a specific example.