Problem Signature 04:    System
  Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    506c18e6
  Problem Signature 07:    3adc
  Problem Signature 08:    288
  Problem Signature 09:    System.ComponentModel.Win32
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

Here is the scenario which causes the error.

I'll select a movie from MBC and watch it.  All seems fine.  Then as soon as I hit the BACKSPACE to end the movie and return MBC the error pops up.  It will briefly be seen just before MBC GUI comes to focus.  If I minimize MBC, then I can see the error window on my desktop. The external player does not matter, I have reproduced this same even with TMT5, TMT6, MPC-HC & VLC.  Everything STILL seems to work despite the error if I just ignore the error and do nothing with that window in the background.  I can still navigate to another movie and watch it.

Since it doesn't appear to be causing a major issue at the moment I guess it's not THAT big of a deal.  Right now it just reminds anyone sitting in the room that it's a PC running windows.  I will add that I am still in the initial stages of getting my system set back up after having a break since April/May during our move.  I was using MB2 at that time so there is a bit of a learning curve setting up MB-Server + MBC.  I say this because I have not actually watched a movie through its entirety yet.  I've just been watching a few minutes of various BR's and DVD's trying to work out bugs and report the ones I can't resolve.

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by rms8

Can you please check your Windows Event Log and see if there is a .net error reported there when that happens.  It might just be labeled as information in the event viewer.  Also, what theme are you using? Thx.

Can you please check your Windows Event Log and see if there is a .net error reported there when that happens.  It might just be labeled as information in the event viewer.  Also, what theme are you using? Thx.

Hi ebr,

I'm not sure where to look in the Events Log.  There are so many folders/sub folders.  Regarding the theme, I am just using the default theme for MBC at the moment.  It's a very duplicatable problem.  It happens every single time I backspace to quit a movie and get back to the MBC GUI.

It will be in application log, and marked as error should be easy to spot.  

Am I looking in the correct spot?  (see attached).  I rebooted and then duplicated the error and then went into Event Viewer.  Doesn't seem to be much in there, unless I'm not looking in the right place.

edit: I have deleted the attachment to make room for a new one....

Edited by rms8

One more thing... [backspace] does not stop a movie.  It only returns to the MB interface (if you are using the internal player).

One more thing... [backspace] does not stop a movie.  It only returns to the MB interface (if you are using the internal player).

I am using TMT6 and with that it stops playing the movie and goes back to the MB GUI. I get the same error with VLC and MPC-HC when I hit the STOP button.

I'll read the How to report a problem and let you know what I find.

THANKS!

No.  Instructions for where to look are in the How to report a problem topic and also here: Windows Event Log 

Hi ebr,

I was looking the correct location based on the link you provided.  There appears to be nothing in there (see attached).

PS: I just attached a screen shot of the actual error message too, still nothing in the Media Center Event Log

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:    ehexthost.exe

Problem Signature 02:    6.1.7601.17514

Problem Signature 03:    4ce77974

Problem Signature 04:    System

Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06:    506c18e6

Problem Signature 07:    3adc

Problem Signature 08:    288

Problem Signature 09:    System.ComponentModel.Win32

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033\

edit:  removed attachments to make room for more below.

Edited by rms8

You weren't on the "Media Center" item before.

I have never seen that log completely empty.  Is a filter or something applied to that display?

You weren't on the "Media Center" item before.

I have never seen that log completely empty.  Is a filter or something applied to that display?

No filters.

I just checked another machine which I have MBC loaded on (and having same error) and that log is empty as well.

Can I please see an MBC log from when this happens? 

I attached it.

I cleared out the log folder.  Then I started WMC, launched MBC from there, selected a DVD then backspaced (2x's) to stop movie and go back to MBC GUI.  The I gracefully exited out of MBC then closed WMC.

MBClassic-1812201399c5f359eeaf46f0ac0b4acf7b1961cb.log

Edited by rms8

• Solution

Thanks.  That's got the error in it.  Looks like something has changed with TMT6.  You have your external configured as TMT5.  Try setting it up as Generic instead.

• Like 1

Brilliant!  That fixed it ebr!

THX!

BTW, I discovered that I was still looking in the worng place in the Event Log.  Finally found what you needed from earlier.

Event Log.txt

Edited by rms8

Okay, now can you look in your TMT directory and tell me if there is a file there called something like "MMCEDT6.exe"?

Okay, now can you look in your TMT directory and tell me if there is a file there called something like "MMCEDT6.exe"?

Yes, there is.

Okay, thanks.  I'll put in the capability to find that one.  It has a different name in TMT5 and that is what is failing (there should have also been some error trapping in there).