Stacked movies

KRONZO

Hi 

I just discovered that when stacked movies are scraped with emby they do not show up propperly in kodi.

I have The 10th kingdom wich I have as a 6 disc set named like this 

The 10th Kingdom (2000) Disc1 [bluRay] [720p]-DEiMOS.mkv 

The 10th Kingdom (2000) Disc2 [bluRay] [720p]-DEiMOS.mkv

and all the way to six, the nfo is named 

The 10th Kingdom (2000) Disc1 [bluRay] [720p]-DEiMOS.nfo

but in kodi The entire movie is only 89 min when it should be 417min.

and I can only play the first part

I am just guessing here but i would think the nfo should be named 

The 10th Kingdom (2000) [bluRay] [720p]-DEiMOS.nfo

or maybe there should be an nfo for all disc

this way Im guessing you get the correct runtime and it plays all the discs subsequently

Angelblue05

Only the main title is added to the Kodi library. Playing additional parts is only available if you use plugin paths. The parts are added to the playlist at the moment of playback (essentially, to move to the next disc, you would just skip to the next item). Emby support for stacked movies is limited, really you should just combine them into one file and you'll have a better performance all around. Otherwise check the wiki here for naming: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Hi Angelblue05

thank you for the explanation

I must admit im rather confused or disapointed as to why it is this way it seems wrong to to be able not to play multi disc movies

I know there are not many multi disc movies out there but me personally I have I think I have 3 and would prefer not to have to start editing and combining movies.

and this affects the runtime too

Is there a list somewhere over things not implemented.

well then we are back where we started, because that is not the case for me

it only plays the first disc for me no option what so ever to play the rest of disc when i play the movie it has a runtime of 89 min instead of 417 min and when I reach the 89 min mark  playback stops

and this is when using direct paths

xnappo

Ok - the problem is you are using direct paths.  This is one of those features that we need control over playback to accomplish. 

Angelblue05

I'll revisit to see if we can possibly scrape additional parts into Kodi. However it will have to wait until after we push stable out.

The issue really is, you'll never be able to maintain proper playstate sync with emby this way, because Emby doesn't stack movies the way Kodi does. They are considered individual items in the api. So when we have to report playback position, etc., it's a real mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry for the late reply.

I wont pretend to understand the difficulties by getting this to work, but I would think it should be a given that at a minimum we should be able to play the entire movie as it is now I can see the first 89 min of the movie

Angelblue05

I've wasted at least 2 weeks to get stacks working in Kodi and when I did, it was a mess to keep in sync with emby. For now you can send the additional part to play in Kodi from the webclient. Otherwise you can switch to plugin paths rather than direct paths - where additional parts are added to the playlist and you and skip back and forth between the discs.. I'll see what we can do for direct paths. However, for a better experience overall in emby, not just emby for Kodi, it's suggested to merge your titles into one file.

Edited by Angelblue05

thank you for this, this was very usefull I was not awarei could send it to kodi from the webclient

and i can see your point about merging files but theres just something in me that wont do it

• Like 1

I agree with topic starter

For i too have some movies, not many that needs to be stacked

For ex lotr and the hobbit

The hobbit 1 has 2 discs

Kodi does this right, but with emby it does not .

A real pain in the ass

Please fix this

I too use direct paths, wont go the plugin path either

No way.

I can understand its hard.. but for me, its more important that i can play it right.. if its not in sync with emby, who  cares? Its not important that we cant resume , its a big deal however we cant play the complete thing

The only thing that is wanted , is to stack and just play...

Please fix this asap

Edited by skank

Vidman

If you need a fix asap just join them. They don't need to be stacked. The reason they were split originally was due to size constraints of the medium and you no longer have this constraint so why would you still want to impose this limitation

Edited by Vidman

If you need a fix asap just join them. They don't need to be stacked. The reason they were split originally was due to size constraints of the medium and you no longer have this constraint so why would you still want to impose this limitation

Join who?

They do need to be stacked, cause otherwise the movie stops in the middle

The reason why they did was indeed cause the bluray didnt have enough room

Since i have plenty of room, they dont need to be split anymore so they should be stacked

Angelblue05

He means merge your files into one video. Then they don't need to be stacked, it will play the entire movie and correctly save your playstate in Kodi and Emby.

Edited by Angelblue05

Vidman

Of course not, face your fears[emoji14]

Copy the originals and try it out with the copies you have nothing to fear then

Edited by Vidman

CBers

using what? tsmuxer?

I've used this in the past and it seems to work OK.

Find ffmpeg in you server install by typing in your windows explorer location bar

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg or %appdata%\Emby-Server\ffmpeg

Open a command prompt in that folder (shift right click on the folder and you should see open command window here"

Then type this command (best to prepare it in notepad and cut and paste)

ffmpeg.exe -i concat:"Full Path to 1st part.avi"^|"Full Path to 2nd part.avi" -c copy -vsync vfr -af "aresample=async=1000" "Full Path to joined movie.avi"

eg.

ffmpeg.exe -i concat:"m:\media\this means war\bdmv\stream\00600.m2ts"^|"m:\media\this means war\bdmv\stream\00608.m2ts" -c copy -vsync vfr -af "aresample=async=1000" "m:\media\this means war\this means war.mkv"

To do this both part of the movie must be the same dimensions and codecs which is generally the case.

EXAMPLE:

ffmpeg.exe -i concat:"X:\Videos\Movies\The Great Escape (1963) 2 parts\The Great Escape (1963) part1.avi"^|"X:\Videos\Movies\The Great Escape (1963) 2 parts\The Great Escape (1963) part2.avi" -c copy -vsync vfr -af "aresample=async=1000" "X:\Videos\Movies\The Great Escape (1963) 2 parts\The Great Escape (1963).avi"

CBers

The video files/codecs of the parts need to be the same.

If they're not, then no it won't work.

You could try the old copy /b command:

copy /b <source1> + <source2> <targetfile>

Such as:

copy /b part1.avi + part2.avi + part3.avi full_movie.avi

Angelblue05

Just search the emby forums, you'll find plenty of suggestions on how to merge them.