Send filename to kodi

inesergio

inesergio

Hello. Emby addon beta doesn't send only the filename to kodi but sends alot of numbers and letters making impossible to check filename. Using latest beta and I don't use direct paths.

Angelblue05

Can you take a screenshot? I'm not sure what you mean by send filename.

What are you trying to achieve, can you explain? Having playback mode set to addon generates plugin paths for filenames/path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

inesergio

I mean this : http://s28.postimg.org/qr0one2il/2016_01_31_22_29_04.jpg

It's not possible to the plugin to show only the filename instead of plugin://.... I think that early versions didn't show this behaviour. Marcel says he can change skin Titan to trimm the path and only show the filename but if this could be done in the addon it would work for any skin

Angelblue05

Using Addon for playback mode always did this, because it is the actual filename/path we add to the database. No, this can't be changed add-on side, because that's what Kodi calls the add-on with at playback time. The real filename is included in there, at the end of the path.

If you don't want to see it, switch to direct paths, however you'll lose some emby functions like direct stream, transcode and emby cinema mode. The filename and paths will reflect the real data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelveldt

I mean this : http://s28.postimg.org/qr0one2il/2016_01_31_22_29_04.jpg

It's not possible to the plugin to show only the filename instead of plugin://.... I think that early versions didn't show this behaviour. Marcel says he can change skin Titan to trimm the path and only show the filename but if this could be done in the addon it would work for any skin

Like @@Angelblue05 said, this can't be done in the addon. I will proceed with the workaround like we discussed to extract the filename from the plugin path.

• Like 1