Low res poster

Andrommy

Andrommy

Why does Kodi use a lower-res image of the original one downloaded by Emby server? Can't it display the one I already have? Seems odd to create a low res copy and display that one instead. When I first installed the plugin I was asked wether to use original file paths or not, but after some research that seems to only be a playback matter.

56abc52d1d4b6_Capture.png

Andrommy

Kodi has an internal image caching system, by default it sets some hard limits on the images it caches, this can be controlled in the advanced settings.xml of kodi.

For more info on the settings check out this post.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30506-can-i-lower-the-cover-resolution/

the default for the imageres is 720 you could probably set it to something more If you wanted. The example I gave was for reducing it.

Splendid, thanks! "Reset Local Kodi DB"  (which I assumed you were referring to when you said reset artwork) didn't work so I deleted the whole thumbnails folder in %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\

And, the resolution seems to be capped at 720x1080 but it doesn't matter, looks just fine now.