Metadata language selection by library

oxidius

We currently have the option to selected "Metadata preferred download language" in the Basics tab of the Metadata page.

It would be useful to be able to override that value for each library.

I have a couple of shows that have the same name in french and english but are two seperated series.
(one exemple here http://thetvdb.com/index.php?string=19-2&searchseriesid=&tab=listseries&function=Search&alllang=1)

It could also solve the problem of having duplicate episodes when we have 2 versions of a show (one dubbed and one original)

My plan would be to have a French TV library and English TV library.

I've seen this way to handle library language in other solutions, I think Kodi is handeling it that way with it's basic scrapper.

I'll try to on GitHub to see if I can manage to find a way to add it, but I'm not sure I'll be up to the task  :)

Yes, separate settings are a planned feature for the future.

Sure about that? I don't think that there is any code change required. It's all there by now!

From my experience it is sufficient to set the metadata language at the library root folder level to the desired language, and all child items will inherit that same setting unless specified otherwise.

The current logic even supports multiple root folders for a single media type, which would allow you handle items of different languages.