Emby for kodi doesn't install

Chickenlal

Chickenlal

Hi,

I have installed Emby on my PC (Versie 3.0.5850.0)

Now I tried to install Emby for Kodi within kodi on my Nvidia Shield TV. So I have downloaded the zip-file and installed it successfully within kodi from the zip file. But then when I go to video-addons -> Emby it doesn't want to install.

edit: running Kodi 16

"Installation failed, Failed to install a dependency"

Hope to fix it :D

Edited by Chickenlal

mellomade

Which repo?  I am not sure the stable has support for Jarvis or not - maybe others can confirm.

Did you try updating the repo?  Forcing an update before attempting an install may help.

Chickenlal

Which repo?  I am not sure the stable has support for Jarvis or not - maybe others can confirm.

Did you try updating the repo?  Forcing an update before attempting an install may help.

Hi,

I have tried both repo's already and I have tried to update them before installing too. But nothing seemed to work.

Angelblue05

Hmm, that's not normal. Can you enable debug in Kodi, then try to install emby for kodi - the beta version. Then sharing your kodi log? It should tell us where it's getting stuck. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chickenlal

Hmm, that's not normal. Can you enable debug in Kodi, then try to install emby for kodi - the beta version. Then sharing your kodi log? It should tell us where it's getting stuck. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to kodi and Nvidia Shield but I'll try to find the option :D

edit: ok this is weird... Now with debugging active it worked lol... I don't know if it's coincidence or not :D

Edited by Chickenlal

mellomade

I did notice a message on Kodi's forum yesterday that stated they were having trouble with the download servers for Kodi and add-ons - so if the Emby Repo relies on dependencies hosted on their servers this could have been the problem.

• Like 1