Emby WMC update issues

ivairman

ivairman

I'm writing to guys because up until this latest update 3.0.298.0 things were working great. I have been using it since Media browser days and have a large media collection broken up by folders.  In the past I had each movie folder represented with different views... i.e. cover flow,list, tile depending on folder size, now when I apply a preference it automatically makes it my default for all folders. This makes things more difficult to navigate.  I also had nested folders within folders that no longer being displayed but the films within them are displayed.  Also several of my folder covers for movies are no longer being recognized so a thumbnail sceen grab is in the place where a poster once was, I suspect that this is a image resolution issue.  Please fix these features and or direct me to a previous version so that I can enjoy my database as I always have.

Thank You 

Are you using "Legacy Browsing Mode"?

If so, you should probably turn that off and use the settings on the server to un-group your media folders instead.

ivairman

I just don't see why it cant go back to the old way of viewing my media in the folders.  Also unchecked all folders to un-group and it still did not work.

Edited by ivairman

ivairman

Just to clarify this only occurs when I click on folders view in wmc.  I cant seem to be able to apply settings on individual folders as I have in the past.

Sub-folders share display preferences because, with most setups, that is the most convenient way to handle it for the user (instead of having to set them for each sub-folder individually).

This has always been the intention so if it behaved differently before it was probably a bug that was fixed.

ivairman

So is there a way that you guys can unfix that bug in a new update? As the primary way that I access my media is in Folders view in WMC