Details View / List View?

tiorsus

Hi all,

I'm a brand new (potential) Emby user, just checking it out in comparison to Plex.  Right off the bat, I can't seem to figure out how to browse my media with a 'details view' or 'list view' (vs the various thumbnail-like views).  I'm having this issue both in the web interface and in iOS, but I'm more concerned with iOS at the moment.

(I intend to use Emby primarily as a way to stream home videos w/ transcoding; the videos contain descriptive filenames, but thumbnails generally aren't useful - and hide all but the first very tiny bit of the filenames, making it making it extremely difficult to find videos.  And impossible in the case of browsing into folders).

Cheers :)

Edited by metal450

arrbee99

Do you mean something like this (which is in IE11 by the way, don't know about iOS) -

56a9db184f538_EmbyBanners.jpg

As you can see from the very first item , if you haven't got a banner image, it looks a bit weird. You just select Banner from the list under that Grid thing next to the left/right arrows.

• 1 month later...
tiorsus

No - I mean a pure list view.  Like viewing a folder in Windows with 'details' mode.  No thumbnails, just names.