Android 2.5.76 No Keyboard

mc2000

Hi All,

I recently stumbled across Emby and am really impressed.  It may be the savior for all my media needs.  The Android App is very well done and is more fully featured than anything from the other platforms for sure.  However, I cannot get a keyboard or remote to work with it on a tablet or a FireTV.  That pretty much kills the usefulness as I need a wife friendly interface.  What is the trick to getting this working?

Thanks,

Mike

I had originally loaded the Firetv app and after looking around I found it to be a bit lackluster.  I also did not find a search function in thee guide to schedule upcoming shows so I bailed and went to the Android APP.  The Android app feels and looks much more modern and is more intuitive for menu layout and such.  After reading your message I did set both up side by side and did a comparison and found that both apps do actually do the same things, just found in different places.  I did find the search function in Firetv also, just not where you would expect to find it.  I will give the Firetv app the real test--the wife test.  My guess is it won't be her favorite by far.  The Andoid app is much nicer looking and easier to use.  I would prefer to use that but no Android keyboard controls makes that mostly impossible.  Even when running the app on a 10" tablet, all 3 of mine are docked to keyboards and keboard navigation is simply faster.  If I get a vote, I would vote to have keyboard input functionality added back in.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks. I think inevitably we will merge the mobile and tv apps into one single app but we're not there yet.

• 11 months later...
Nick D_CA

Any update on this?

I would also like to use keyboard arrow keys with the Android Mobile app. Currently using an "air mouse" but this is very cumbersome.