Changing Cache Location

Guest walkme70

Guest walkme70

I'm currently running the latest server version released the other day and I've noticed that changing the cache location doesn't change the location for refreshing people schedule task.   however it changes it for the rest of the cache.

I moved the folder location but when the task run it recreated the folder structure and redownloaded all the images.

any thoughts.

I've reviewed the logs and you can clearly see that location not changed.

Guest walkme70

Tried changing it, and even restarted the service. but it still created the folder structure in the old location when i manually ran the schedule task.

happy to provide logs..

Happy2Play

Cache and Metadata are two different things.

The Metadata location is for all of your Imagebyname images and metadata, and I believe where metadata is stored when people choose not to store metadata with media.

Happy2Play

Tried changing it, and even restarted the service. but it still created the folder structure in the old location when i manually ran the schedule task.

happy to provide logs..

Please provide a log.

Guest walkme70

Before i moved all the cache was in the under one folder, which i've allocated a dedicated SSD.

So i want to still keep them all in one location.

in the logs you can clearly see.

ItemsByNamePath":"M:\\Cache\\MediaBrowser","MetadataPath":""  and further down its "CachePath":"T:\\Apps\\Cache\\MediaBrowser","

I've tried to re-change and reset, restart the server.   

is there an xml file i can change ??

Thanks

Happy2Play

This path no longer configurable via the UI.  It was merged into Metadata over six months ago but previous user where not force to change.

@Luke  - is it okay to have Metadata path and Cache path be the same?  I ask because there are cache cleanup task and you don't want metadata being deleted.  You may want sub-folders one for cache and one for metadata.

You need to go to Emby-Server\config\system.xml and you will see <ItemsByNamePath>M:\\Cache\\MediaBrowser</ItemsByNamePath> change it there or if you want to be able to configure via UI, delete that entire line and set <MergeMetadataAndImagesByName></MergeMetadataAndImagesByName> to true and set metadata path via UI.

Worst case if you want all the new default server configs, you delete your system.xml, but this will reset all server configs to default.

e123enitan

Thank you! i've updated it via xml file and its now using the location.

Nicely done could you pls post the steps or if anyone have achieved this method kindly provide a guideline

Thanks

Happy2Play

Nicely done could you pls post the steps or if anyone have achieved this method kindly provide a guideline

Thanks

All the steps are in post #8.  But this topic is more toward People metadata than cache folder.

What exactly are you trying to do?