Unlock premiere without wifi

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Sorry if this was asked at some point. I wish to connect to my brother's server (premiere activated) via the app. I can't get the app to recognize the premiere status because I'm connecting from outside the network.

Is there a workaround for this? Seems like a major oversight for family member living in different locations, that wish to use the app. Connecting locally is just not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jscoys

Same problem for my girldfriend I asked to install Emby app on her iphone from outside, and it asked to buy a premiere key when she tried to play any movie/serie. Is it a bug? Some workaround?

Sorry, I missed this thread. If your purchase email matches your emby connect email address, then signing in with emby connect will also unlock it. the free apps are intended to apply to everyone in your household, but not all outside users. You can extend the free access to your girlfriend by having her sign in once from your local network, and then it will be remembered permanently. I know that it's not always practical to adhere to this requirement, so we are looking at easier ways. Ultimately, it kind of boils down to our decision not to force Emby Connect upon you. It would be much easier to handle this if we did, but since we don't it's a little harder. We are looking into improving this very soon and making it fool-proof.

• Like 3

Angelblue05

Yes, but the emby connect would only work for the admin of the server, right? So in this case, my brother's account.

Anyway, I understand what you are saying and looking forward to a solution. Be it if it's via emby connect, or allowing a limited number of device to unlock premiere without being verified locally or a two-way confirmation code, etc. Surely, something can be done without "restricting" emby premiere functionality down the line. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legallink

Sorry, I missed this thread. If your purchase email matches your emby connect email address, then signing in with emby connect will also unlock it. the free apps are intended to apply to everyone in your household, but not all outside users. You can extend the free access to your girlfriend by having her sign in once from your local network, and then it will be remembered permanently. I know that it's not always practical to adhere to this requirement, so we are looking at easier ways. Ultimately, it kind of boils down to our decision not to force Emby Connect upon you. It would be much easier to handle this if we did, but since we don't it's a little harder. We are looking into improving this very soon and making it fool-proof.

It doesn't permanently remember you. It forgets you bought it and activated it once you uninstall the app. iTunes nor your iTunes account credits you with the purchase/access to the account so you have to reauthenticate on the network.