can't uninstall emby

rinn2883

rinn2883

Im using ubuntu server 14.04

I cant uninstall emby

output.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(If this topic shows up more then once i apologize. It did not show for me the first time)

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) that line is the problem, when that line is generated you'll need to do sudo apt-get install -f

This will continue the installation, then if you want to remove it do sudo apt-get remove --purge emby-server.

The installation hasn't fully completed so it won't uninstall, also don't forget to remove the key.....not advisable to add that anyway, it's not needed as updates come through from the key owner.

Good Luck.....but why uninstall it, not what you expected? 

rinn2883

K i have solved the problem.

sudo nano +46 /var/lib/dpkg/info/emby-server.postrm
----->removed the fi

Should i report this as a bug? 

ran apt-get remove --purge emby-server again and it worked. Also installed it again and got the wizard on the browser.

rinn2883

No i got connection refused and wanted to start over to make sure it was installed correctly.

I am a noob at the apt get update thing and ubuntu. Do i need to keep the entry in the list after emby is installed?
I hate that it shows as unsafe thats why i added the key. How do i remove it again?

K i have solved the problem.

sudo nano +46 /var/lib/dpkg/info/emby-server.postrm
----->removed the fi

Should i report this as a bug? 

Ah!!! you've found what's been causing that dpkg error......whereas I've been using the workaround, you could report it, but hopefully someone will pick it up.

No i got connection refused and wanted to start over to make sure it was installed correctly.

I am a noob at the apt get update thing and ubuntu. Do i need to keep the entry in the list after emby is installed?

I hate that it shows as unsafe thats why i added the key. How do i remove it again?

Yes keep the entry list, but remove the key, otherwise Ubuntu collects updates from other sources.....and that can mess up Emby if they are installed. I've just kept the entry list and webmin will give me new emby server updates.

Edited by geaves

To remove the key sudo apt-key list this should output a list of all the keys. Then sudo apt-key del <reference> this should remove the key. If you're on GUI Ubuntu then use synaptic to remove it.

hurricanehrndz

Ah!!! you've found what's been causing that dpkg error......whereas I've been using the workaround, you could report it, but hopefully someone will pick it up.

Thanks. It has been removed.