Fire TV will not stream live tv

kelly.mumm

kelly.mumm

Hello I have successfully gotten streaming to work in a browser and on a Roku but when I try it on the Fire TV it says it is playing the channel but just spins.  On the server interface says the device is streaming and trans-coding but I never see the FFMPEG process start.  I am remote to the server if that makes any difference.  The Roku is hooked up to the same TV and works fine.

kelly.mumm

Hello I have successfully gotten streaming to work in a browser and on a Roku but when I try it on the Fire TV it says it is playing the channel but just spins.  On the server interface says the device is streaming and trans-coding but I never see the FFMPEG process start.  I am remote to the server if that makes any difference.  The Roku is hooked up to the same TV and works fine.

NM I figured it out.  Had to turn off the direct stream live tv option.  Did see it the first 10 times I went to settings :)

Correct.  If you are not on the same network as the tv tuner, then direct-streaming won't work.  I'd like to make this more automatic but also fear it could mis-diagnose some situations, so the manual setting is there.

• 2 weeks later...