Home Movie changes in latest beta, what does dynamic plugin entry mean?

chrisoldroyd

chrisoldroyd

I had a couple of libraries setup in Emby that I treated as home movies, (Home Movies and Fitness Videos). Before the last beta I accessed these from Emby shortcuts and all worked fine, even widgets displaying newly added content for Home Movies and Fitness Videos.

After resetting Emby after the last beta that no longer works and I have to link the shortcut to Smart Shortcuts to get the content to play but widgets don't seem to work anymore as they show content from Home Videos and Fitness Videos mixed together.

Can someone explain what the latest beta changes and the best way to link shortcuts to two different libraries like I have and how to address the widget issue?

Thanks

Chris

xnappo

We really can't win on this one :)

Dynamic content means that rather than syncing the Emby database to the Kodi database, now every time you go into your home movies, it simply gets a list from the server.  So the Kodi database doesn't keep them local.  Kodi doesn't have the concept of home movies, and people complained a lot that when we synced home movies they showed up in their 'all movies' list, so we went to the 'dynamic' method.

Now - making shortcuts should be no big deal.  I always just link into 'Video->Video Addon->Emby->Home Movies'.

As to the fitness and other videos getting mixed - that is something we can potentially change - we'll see what @@marcelveldt has to say.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1