Music Ratings Changes

rhodges

rhodges
Just an observation. Wouldn't this be better implemented as a plugin to Emby and not done on the client side?

import music song rating directly from files (default ON)

convert music song rating to emby (likes/favourites)

allow rating in song files to be updated by kodi/emby

marcelveldt

Yes it is, but it will be difficult to do that as the server currently has no support for reading the ID3 tags and has no support for a numeric rating (like Kodi and other music players do).

We're already discussing this and if it's possible this temporary solution in the kodi addon itself will be removed.

It's just that now users want to use music in Kodi through emby they're missing the ratings

• Like 1

rhodges

I see. It looks like Emby is using ffprobe to read the ID3 tags and ratings is not a tag that it returns? Is that correct? I used tag&rename to set a rating tag and I didn't see the rating in either ffprobe or mediainfo. Interesting.

marcelveldt

I see. It looks like Emby is using ffprobe to read the ID3 tags and ratings is not a tag that it returns? Is that correct? I used tag&rename to set a rating tag and I didn't see the rating in either ffprobe or mediainfo. Interesting.

Yeah, it doesn't read the ID3 tags from the files like rating, comments etc. Besides that, Emby has no rating field for songs.

So, to get this thing right, a rating field (numeric value) should be added to music items, just like other items like movies have AND the metadata from the song's ID3 tag should be read.

This can even evolve in a seperate emby plugin which reads ratings from lastfm or something if users prefer to have the community rating instead of their personal rating in the song itself.

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1