Files being slowly deleted!

galways

galways

Hi have been having issues with the most resent plugins but all seemed to be OK using 1.1.77 all my installs with the exception of the one that I did a full DB reset on.  It looked OK and worked fine last night.  This morning I restarted Kodi, screen flickered for a bit which I thought was strange as all notifications are off.  In any event a few hours later I checked the log and noticed errors relative to some audio files.  I checked the folder of one The Beatles Help and it shows as follows:

569fb6f6efb0d_FolderCurrently.png

As you can see some of the files are missing, some at zero bits and others small in size.  The ones that are small play for a few seconds.  Luckily I have a recycle bin set up on my server this is some of the activity:

569fbc1732aa3_RecycleBin.png

The full file for the song Help! was still there yesterday at 3:58, by 4:19 it was 767 KB and was last there at 10:25 this morning before it was completely gone.  

My other clients a Windows 10 PC and a VM instance of OPENELEC seem to be OK but database was not reset on them.

Have stopped Kodi but on restart it continues the same action.  What file do I have to get rid off to have the cycle stop.

Have attached the full log from this morning but this seems to have started a day or two ago when going through prior versons of the plugin.  I don't have those copies.

Thanks

kodi.old.log

xnappo

@@marcelveldt - @@Angelblue05 - emergency ! It appears that Kodi is attempting to remove from the DB when the file rating is 0 and the Kodi db rating is something else - which is then triggering the delete code! 

[EDIT] Doesn't look like it is our delete code, as we don't have it for music items.

Edited by xnappo

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt - @@Angelblue05 - emergency ! It appears that Kodi is attempting to remove from the DB when the file rating is 0 and the Kodi db rating is something else - which is then triggering the delete code! 

[EDIT] Doesn't look like it is our delete code, as we don't have it for music items.

already looking at it...

marcelveldt

Hi have been having issues with the most resent plugins but all seemed to be OK using 1.1.77 all my installs with the exception of the one that I did a full DB reset on.  It looked OK and worked fine last night.  This morning I restarted Kodi, screen flickered for a bit which I thought was strange as all notifications are off.  In any event a few hours later I checked the log and noticed errors relative to some audio files.  I checked the folder of one The Beatles Help and it shows as follows:

OK, I found the issue... I guess you have multiple clients, right ?

This was the result of a bouncing message. At first sync the rating is compared between the file and emby. The file rating is sent to emby regardless if emby already has the rating correctly resulting in a update message to other clients, which will result in updating the rating and the whole thing circles through.

I am now fixing this. Also decided to make some optional settings for the whole rating import so you can enable if you want the rating only to be imported (once) from the file or also updated and sent to emby

galways

OK, I found the issue... I guess you have multiple clients, right ?

This was the result of a bouncing message. At first sync the rating is compared between the file and emby. The file rating is sent to emby regardless if emby already has the rating correctly resulting in a update message to other clients, which will result in updating the rating and the whole thing circles through.

I am now fixing this. Also decided to make some optional settings for the whole rating import so you can enable if you want the rating only to be imported (once) from the file or also updated and sent to emby

Yes I have 4 clients that are effectively always on.  Just noticed that the files are still being deleted even though I had shut down the client that I had done the DB reset on, and of course nothing showed in the kodi.logs of the other clients because I din't have info logging set on them!

Thankfully I have all the deleted files in the recycle bin.  Look forward to the fix.

galways

I see there is a 1.1.79 plugin version.  Does it correct the issue of deleting files?  If so when may it be available as I keep checking for updates from 1.1.77 on Kodi, nothing being pulled.  

Thanks

galways

Updated all clients with 1.1.79, did a manual sync on each.  All looks well in the logs, deletions appear to have stopped.

Thanks for the great support.

galways

Updated all clients with 1.1.79, did a manual sync on each.  All looks well in the logs, deletions appear to have stopped.

Thanks for the great support.

I spoke too soon.  Files do not appear to be deleting as they were, however I now have an issue with playing files.  Some will play, others not.  Happening on the two clients I tried.  Log attached .  two files failed to open, one did.

kodi.log

marcelveldt

I spoke too soon.  Files do not appear to be deleting as they were, however I now have an issue with playing files.  Some will play, others not.  Happening on the two clients I tried.  Log attached .  two files failed to open, one did.

Thanks for the report, issue is now resolved on Git. We'll provide a new beta later today.