Is it possible to have a custom lineup?

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Hi @@rkulagow,

I wasn't sure if I should post my question here or in the SD forums but here goes.

Is it possible to create a lineup that includes the Digital Channels and OTA channels in one?

I really have no idea how the back end on these things work and how Emby TV would respond to such a lineup.

I tell you what I am trying to solve - I have an HDHomerun Prime and an HDHomerun Extend. The way Emby TV is set up right now you can only use one lineup per device. I have asked them to include a way to use two since both my devices do show up on the server and I can select them both but the guide will only show either the Digital lineup I select from SD or the OTA lineup and populate the epg grid with that data. Luke has acknowledged that could be implemented at some point but it doesn't seem too high on the priority list and maybe I am in the minority of users that have this setup, so I understand.

I say OTA as above even though I am using the Extend for quam channels as they come through number exactly the way OTA channels are numbered so it works if I select the OTA lineup on the setup page for Emby TV.

If I could somehow create a workaround to be able to use 5 tuners instead of 3 it would help me a lot.

I know that the guys over at HDHomerun have just updated their software to be able to show the quam channels where before you couldn't do this. They don't officially support quam (and I don't think you guys do either) but they reconfigured something to allow the reading of quam channels as if they were OTA channels. So if I wanted to (and I don't) use their DVR software I would be able to use all 5 of my tuners. 

I would rather stick with Emby TV for DVR so I am hoping to figure out a way to make this work.

What are your thoughts? 

Thanks.

Jason