Can't get trailers to play, no errors on screen but in logs

mgworek

mgworek

I've been trying to get trailers to work for awhile. Before, I was getting errors and no trailers would list in the channel.

Now that I updated my Docker to the new docker templates on unraid, I have tons of trailers listed in the Channel. I try to play one and it just sits there in a black screen. No errors put up but I see write errors in the log when it tries to play. 

So much closer to working but not there yet.

Log is attached and here is a quick look at the error.

2016-01-19 14:45:09.7495 Error HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Write failure

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5813.0
    Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
    Operating system: Unix 4.1.15.0
    Processor count: 6
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: /config
    Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Tue Jan 12 16:47:11 UTC 2016)
    Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Write failure

mgworek

Oh wait. I just tested it in Chrome and they work fine. They don't work when I am in Safari though. I don't have a problem with Movies in Safari. Let me clear cache and see what happens

mgworek

Ok it appears to me a problem in Safari. If I use Chrome, Cinema Mode works perfectly. Trailers play, movie plays. In Safari, if Cinema Mode is turned on, Trailer doesn't play and movie doesn't play since i crashes on the trailer. If I turn off Cinema Mode, the movie works fine.

Even with it being broke in Safari, its still a lot better then it was for me a couple of months ago where I couldn't even get any trailers to list in the Trailer Channel. I can now test it now with Kodi which is my normal player.

Thanks!

yea we're trying to direct stream it and safari doesn't like something about the trailers, so we'll just have to force transcode them