ET - Navigate while watching in new version of ET

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Hi All,

Noticed with the new version of ET, if I navigate back it will stop playback, unlike previous version where it would keep playing in the background while I used the interface (and could return at any point via icon at the top).

Would really like to see this return in the new version.

I found it was something I used a lot and I am really missing it!

Thank you.

Orig post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30173-will-navigate-while-watching-return-in-the-new-et/

Edited by Aussiedroid
  • Like 7

A lot of the "old guard" is going to want this and, if enough of you chime in, maybe we'll implement it.  But I think most new users (who never used WMC) will be confused by that behavior since every modern video playback UI uses "back" to stop playback.

• Like 1

Ian-Highlander

Definitely would be on my desired features, but then I'm an old WMC dullard. Old dog... new tricks... and all that.  :lol:

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

A lot of the "old guard" is going to want this and, if enough of you chime in, maybe we'll implement it.  But I think most new users (who never used WMC) will be confused by that behavior since every modern video playback UI uses "back" to stop playback.

Yeah it was actually one of the key things I absolutely couldn't stand about WMC.

Fine with it as a preference of course.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Aussiedroid

Yeah it was actually one of the key things I absolutely couldn't stand about WMC.

Fine with it as a preference of course.

Yeah I can understand some would not like it, but it is the one thing keeping me from upgrading on my main system right now. Doesn't have to be default/compulsory but hopefully appears as an option at some point.

At the end of a show, while credits rolls I can navigate around and start the next episode or go to something else while enjoying the closing tunes.

I can pop back to check out an actor that I spotted to check their name or other roles/shows, while the show still plays in the background.

I found it a really advanced feature that set MB/Emby apart from other interfaces and greatly enhanced the flexibility.

aspdend

As part of the old guard as well, I like this feature and would love to see it as an option...

+1 from me

• Like 2

I agree with the others that this feature would really make ET perfect. For people migrating from a standard DVR many of them have the the ability to watch live tv or a recording while browsing the program guide while current playback is in a smaller window.

Edited by Cobra
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Aussiedroid

I thought I would check back and see how this is going.

I agree with the others that this feature would really make ET perfect. For people migrating from a standard DVR many of them have the the ability to watch live tv or a recording while browsing the program guide while current playback is in a smaller window.

I think people would get used to it quickly too and do not think it would be very confusing. I guess they could always press stop if they wanted to stop and just navigate the menus. Even had my elderly parents mention it on theirs when I upgraded to the new version for them, which was a surprise!

It is a bit of a pity not many seem to want this though. Love almost everything with the new version, each month I update it and try again on my test PC, but this still this keeps me from upgrading on my dedicated MC PC. I know its a small thing for most so understand why it doesn't appear it will happen any time soon, but for me the older version still wins out despite its other limitations.

I'll keep checking back (with fingers crossed :)) .. Keep up the great work team!