Emby screensaver keeps starting during playback

Roshy

This isn't my systems screensaver, this is some type of screensaver I've never seen before from within emby theater that uses fullscreen pictures from tv shows and movies.  It happens like every 4 or 5 minutes and i have to touch the screen to get it to stop.  I didn't see anything in the settings from within the app about a screen saver, not sure where to disable this, or even why it would go on while watching something.

This all started happening after upgrading to the new Emby Theater, the one you have to pay for (I did the 100 dollar lifetime thing since I've been using MB for years and am finally at a point I can afford things).

This also happened for me with the previous version of Emby Theater (now MBT again) although not as often.   I use Total Media Theater as an external player and the screen saver would start up even though TMT was playing media full screen.

I finally had to disable the Emby Theater screen saver in Settings.

This also happened for me with the previous version of Emby Theater (now MBT again) although not as often.   I use Total Media Theater as an external player and the screen saver would start up even though TMT was playing media full screen.

I finally had to disable the Emby Theater screen saver in Settings.

Where is the screen saver in settings?  I couldn't find it.  Or is it in the server settings not the client?

Natilus13

Any update to this? Ever since I upgraded to the new MBT I have run into my screensaver starting during playback as well.

Any update to this? Ever since I upgraded to the new MBT I have run into my screensaver starting during playback as well.

I have yet to see it during playback. As soon as I do I will make sure to get a fix out.

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke,

something new about this?

Another thing what happens when the screensaver is running a little bit longer (not sure about the specific time) on my tablet, I can not close it at all. By tap on the screen nothing happens. When the screensaver is running only a few seconds/minutes I can tap to close the screensaver.

Would be nice to make it possible to disable screensaver completely.

Edited by sNET

tjhmch

I'm seeing this constantly when playing music. The screen listing the album song list displays for a minute or so into playback then the screensaver kicks in. I never see a screen detailing the song playing with cover art, ffwd rew etc which is a big minus for music playback use

Natilus13

I just tried upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in the hope it would solve this problem. It did not.

Nanzee

I just installed Emby Server and Emby Theater on my Windows 10 HTPC. I am having an issue where my WIndows screensaver keeps turning on during playback. Is there a fix for this? (besides turning off the Windows 10 screensaver). 

Natilus13

I have yet to see it during playback. As soon as I do I will make sure to get a fix out.

Hi Luke, just an idea... would it be possible to put an option in the new Emby Theatre where the user can select the folder(s) they want to use for the built in screensaver? That way we could just turn off the Windows one. Might that be an easier solution for this, at least for now?

• 1 month later...
waldoverkill

I'm on Windows 7 and the windows screen saver comes up every minute for a second when playing then it goes back to the playing video. Then the screen saver comes back and so on and so on. My screen saver is set to come on after 1 minute.

The Emby Theatre screen saver is turned off.