Initial library sync without password?

jant90

I have a password protected user on my Emby server but for the initial library sync that used is not asked for a password. Is this normal behavior? And why?

When doing the initial Emby setup wizard I can see the user as Username (secure), however when selecting that user I'm not prompted to enter a password. The entire library is synced and I can start playing media. Only after a Kodi restart I'm prompted for a password.

Edit:

I just noticed that with the beta version of Emby for Kodi a password is requested during the setup wizard. However it worries me that the Emby server library can be loaded without supplying a password, isn't there a security risk here?

Edited by jant90

Angelblue05

No, it wasn't loaded without supplying a password. I can assure you of that.

I have noticed the bug and fixed it in beta during the refactor. Did you create other profiles during that same time, without restarting Kodi? The bug was due to profile switching in Kodi. Once you sign in in your emby profile, the add-on saves your api key associated with your username in Kodi (only for as long as Kodi is running). When you loaded the new Kodi profile, without restarting, it first looked to see if an api key was already loaded once, and since there was one, it used it. Anyway, the point is that you had to enter your password at one point for this bug to happen, and do a profile switch. Kodi restart would sort it out.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

No, it wasn't loaded without supplying a password. I can assure you of that.

I have noticed the bug and fixed it in beta during the refactor. Did you create other profiles during that same time, without restarting Kodi? The bug was due to profile switching in Kodi. Once you sign in in your emby profile, the add-on saves your api key associated with your username in Kodi (only for as long as Kodi is running). When you loaded the new Kodi profile, without restarting, it first looked to see if an api key was already loaded once, and since there was one, it used it. Anyway, the point is that you had to enter your password at one point for this bug to happen, and do a profile switch. Kodi restart would sort it out.

Thanks for clearing that up, and yeah I was testing it all out using a different profile in Kodi (to start with a fresh, clean Kodi as a basis). I already suspected I could have had something to do with the API key already being loaded and I guess it loaded the API key from my other user (one without a password) and was able to do a library refresh that way.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

This has since been rectified. It will correctly behave now, because I set it to wipe the api key loaded on profile switch.

• Like 1