Sound dropping on Kindle Fire HDX 7"

Oric Gaming

Oric Gaming

I am having an issue where my sound drops while playing videos on the kindle fire hdx 7" tablet. It is only the sound that drops as well, and as far as I can tell its just the player in the app that does it. The video continues to play fine and stream like normal, just the sound cuts out for a second or two about every 15 to 20 seconds. I just installed the server (set it up today) and also got the Emby App today to load onto my android devices so they are using the latest versions of everything. Here is what I have done so far.

Installed latest versions of everything: Server, theater, emby app for android (on 2 kindle fire hdx's and 2 android phones)

On computers the theater and also browser works perfectly fine for watching all the movies.

On the android phones, the Emby app and the browser work perfect.

On the kindle fire hdx tablets, the browser works perfect, the app has the issue of sound dropping. This happens on both tablets and it is random on when it drops (not always the same time on the movie). 

I also installed vlc player on the kindle fire hdx tables and tried the Emby app using the "enable external video players". This works good, except I cannot fast forward or skip anywhere I want in the movie (or pause it). 

While using the Emby app on the kindle fire hdx tablets, I dropped quality all the way down to the lowest setting (which changed the quality of the video), but the sound still did its normal dropping once in a while. 

I thought maybe by chance it could be the video I was using, so I tried about 20 different videos and they were all doing it within the app. These are VOB movies. So I went ahead and re-encoded a movie into an mp4 (h264) and tried that. The server and app picked up the movie just fine and all the devices played it fine except the kindle fire hdx tablets while using the Emby App and app video player (not the external video player, that worked fine as it did before). 

Here are the audio settings from the different files I tried and they all had the same outcome.

Codec AC3
Layout stereo
Channels 2 ch
Bitrate 187 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default No

Codec AC3
Layout 5.1
Channels 6 ch
Bitrate 437 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default No

Language eng
Codec AAC
Profile LC
Layout stereo
Channels 2 ch
Bitrate 156 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default Yes

On a side note, I also notice that when I play a movie on the server computer, ffmpeg uses 70-80% of the CPU. Is this normal? 

Computer specs:

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

16 gb of memory

Intel i7-3820 CPU

Server Version 3.0.5786.0

If you need any other specs let me know. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to fix this issue. Thanks much.

I also attached the log files from one of the kindle tablets. 

b0b6b90d-02b8-4114-b75b-e84aa4210837.log

bb6672b9-7228-4013-a2b9-9fffeb1493f6.log

syncService-1ddd1c20-6c48-47d1-b3c9-fa9587b559aa.log

syncService-9a5a2d45-be04-4f54-a8d5-479e4d0c8cd2.log

syncService-368da875-3896-446f-bdc1-3802e5374efb.log

syncService-ede23c3a-a38b-4330-8a4a-a96295344b9b.log

• 5 weeks later...
Oric Gaming

The only thing I found that helps with this is to use the VidOn Player HD as the external player. Its a free program so you don't need to buy. It works better than the VLC external player. You have control of all the controls again (play, pause, fastforward, rewind and such). It is the only thing that really works from what I have seen. 

Other than that, I ended up just putting chromecast on them and using the kindles to project to the tv's so the kids can watch them like that. Note: Kindles do not come with google play so you cannot get chromecast without side loading (but it does work if you side load it).