Emby (Not Authorized) on Marantz M-CR603

MrT

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to Emby but have gotten a few things working (I'm running the Emby Server on Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 LTS):

- direct play on my HTPC (had to use Kodi with the Emby plug-in to get smooth playback, Emby Theater would give jerky playback),

- to a degree on my NowTV box (will post a question on that soon),

- also through DLNA with my Sony BDPS5200 blu-ray player.

I'm impressed with what Emby can do - thanks go out to the developers, testers and all those involved  :)

But... I can't seem to get the DLNA side of Emby to work with my Marantz M-CR603 hifi unit, it just displays an 'Emby (Not Authorized)' message (also mentioned in this thread here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23936-denon-avr-not-authorized - Denon and Marantz are from different branches of the same company so to speak)

It's just an audio device, no video or pictures.

I've attempted to customise a profile based on the Denon AVR profile, mainly by removing the video and picture settings, but the same message gets displayed on the Marantz.

I've turned on the DLNA debug logging but don't see anything that identifies those particular debug messages.  Should they be in the same 'server-xxxxxxxxxx.txt' log files that are listed on the Help->Logs server web page?

Any help, pointers and guidance to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MrT

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the kind words. You might have to go onto the marantz and enable dlna or allow emby server to access it. Some devices do that

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the kind words. You might have to go onto the marantz and enable dlna or allow emby server to access it. Some devices do that

Thanks for the reply Luke.

There are very few options on the Marantz and nothing for allowing any kind of access.  I used to use minidlna and that had no problems with it.  I assume a DLNA profile is what I need to customise?

Ok right now unfortunately I don't have the answer. I just tried googling and found the same issue with marantz and other media servers, but no indication of what resolved the issue. One user said it magically started working after rebooting everything, another said it started working on its own for no apparent reason. I also found some other threads left open with no resolution. So as of now I'm not exactly sure

Having googled myself I've found the same.  I tried a few of the suggestions in the area of setting the Marantz's DHCP to off and then setting ip config by hand but it made no difference, similarly when turning the Marantz's DHCP to on again.

I can set-up the Marantz and Emby server box on an old router (so as to expose all of the traffic to everything connected to it) and then connect my laptop and use Wireshark to capture the traffic.  Are there any filters that can be applied to the capture that'll narrow things down?  I can probably upload it too.  Any particular sequence of turning things on that will provide the best traffic?  i.e. turn on the Emby server first then the Marantz?

You can post your server log in case anything jumps out, and certainly make sure to test on the latest version. Apart from that I just don't know right now, unfortunately, as I don't have a marantz available to test with.

• 1 month later...