Audio sync setting in Android TV app

computerprep
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

computerprep

I just started exploring the Bluetooth settings on my Nexus Player and have discovered that I'm able to sync Bluetooth headphones. This will then bypass the audio output through HDMI.

This can be ideal for watching media without disturbing others. The problem is that Bluetooth is known to be laggy for audio all on its own, and even worse when interfering with WiFi.

Most Android TV boxes will be connected to a device that can control audio sync on its own, like a surround sound or sound bar. But for Bluetooth users or others experiencing audio sync issues without the ability to fix it on their external system, this would be a great feature.

As a benefit, editing the sync while playing media would be ideal.

computerprep

More details: I am able to clear up almost all Bluetooth audio lag by using 5GHz spectrum WiFi from the player instead of 2.4. There is still a nearly imperceptible lag. Maybe I'm just picky. And not everyone else will have 5GHz capability or the same luck I had.

• Solution

During playback, hit the down arrow and move over to the icon that looks like three audio sliders and click it...

• Like 1

computerprep

I was looking around for this answer before posting and couldn't find it... Thanks a bunch, will play later.