FR-ET MCE Buttons

Xzener

Xzener

Luke, can we map the MCE "menu" button to "home" in ET please?? And, not sure if its been done already, "guide" to ETs TV Guide for those with TV capabilities.

Also, I think its planned... The MCE "info" button to bring up the OSD scenes/audio/subtitle popup??

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 11

bret1958

Hate to chime in as I know your guys list is long, Looks like the remote keys need to be looked at besides remapping extra keys

Where should we be noting the minor issues we see. without flooding the threads with redundant finds..

Xzener

Do you have particular buttons in mind? Have they been brought up yet?

Edited by Xzener

bret1958

pause :) i assume fast forward and reverse have not been implemented yet.

update,......... i found left right arrow keys skips forward backward... good

to pause down arrow ok button to pause...good

if this is temp or a fast work it works for now.. good.

see its all good.. :) thats how happy to have the program :)

Edited by bret1958

Just to add to this, it would be fantastic for the number keys on an MCE remote to be able to handle jumplists, as was implemented in WMC. That is, to use the letters associated with the numbers (as in an old-fashioned telephone) on the remote. So, for example, pressing '5' once would take you to titles beginning with 'J', and pressing '8' three times in quick succession would take you to titles beginning with 'V'. 

• Like 3

AdrianW

Triple tap has been mentioned many times previously.

I can't find the post right now - but I thought Luke had mentioned that it wasn't on the cards for ET, and that the alpha-picker is a good alternative.

I'd be happy with the alpha-picker if it appeared everywhere but only appears on main TV and Movie libraries at the moment.

Edited by AdrianW

Xzener

Ok, so I understand the whole 6 button idea... But it seems we're (hoping) that normal everyday buttons get implemented right? If I wanted 6 button control, I'd buy a FireTV. Am I right, do others feel the same as I do?? Clicking right/left arrows for chapter skipping is just strange IMO. Skip and Replay are much better candidates.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 11

Latchmor

Yip, I have spent years training to use all my buttons in the dark so I want to use them too :-)

I'm sure they'll come after the simple layout is working.

• Like 2

jsbarde

I too am a fan of the old button layout, (skip back etc) and I'd also love the triple tap to come back as well, the new style is fine...but most/many of us have MCE remotes and hitting a button is still way faster than navigating around esp if you have a large media library like I do. I see no reason we can't have both? They don't see mutually exclusive in any way to me... 

• Like 1

swhitmore

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I'll add it here as a FR.

I'd love to see support to be able to map commands on my harmony to take you straight to TV/Movies/Music etc, like the MCE remote does with WMC. Possibly an .xml with custom entry points?

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

Use a MCE remote here as well, so true support for all the buttons would be great.  Including the info button. Cater for that remote, you almost cater for Harmony remotes.

• Like 8

Latchmor

What remote are you using Latch?

Harmony Smart Control (the one with the hub). I think a lot of users don't use the Live TV part of MCE and don't know what the buttons do when you are watching Live TV (e.g. up/down for mini guide) so if we get to a stage where we can have a MCE layout I'll be happy  :)

I know the buttons could do different things per screen if needed. I like jumping pages of lists/posters in EMC with channel up/down but obliviously when watching TV they... I won't finish that!

• Like 1