accessing home server remotely via firetv client

lcasadonte

lcasadonte

I seem to be having the hardest time getting a 2 server environment working.  I am running one server on my boat and one at home.  I use emby connect and have a ddns service.  I have gotten to the point of turning the boat server off and am just trying to access my home.  Everything looks and appears normal and emby connects and (according to the home server) plays live tv.  I get a black screen with the spinning icon on the boat.  Same scenario but I vpn into my home from the boat.  Live TV plays.  I havent attached logs because in both scenarios on the server side it plays.  Theres nothing abnormal.  I don't know how to pull the logs from the firetv if someone could help me out there.  Thanks,

lcasadonte

Yep I should have said I have it working on several different web browsers.  I am experiencing the firefox issues and chrome works fine.  I turned vlc off and turned the option to send logs home button on.  Both sd and hd now play remotely.  I seem to remember seeing a comment about transcoding and the difference between local and remote access somewhere.  It now seems to work so I'll leave vlc off and see how it goes.

Are you just talking about Live TV?

If so, then you could have a problem streaming that remotely from where the actual TV tuner is as the address it reports would not be on the proper network.

If this is the case, then, on the boat, just disable direct streaming for Live TV (in Playback settings).

lcasadonte

Yes it is just live tv.  I'll give it a try.  The browsers were on the same network as the firetv but different devices.  I think this has to do with what ebr is alluding to and I'll give that a checkout today.  Would I set vlc back on if I do this?

Yes, you could turn off the option to direct stream Live TV and turn VLC back on for everything else.