Problems with External Network Access

Toys7505

Toys7505

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help me out. I am having some issues with accessing my emby server externally with my Samsung S5. I have validated I can access within my network as I have tested with my Samsung phone as well as 2 different laptops. I have setup port forwarding on 8096 and 8920 - have run tests and both ports are open.

When I launch the app, I log into it, and have manually typed the remote access website - I immediately get a "connection failure" error message.

What am I doing wrong or what else can I try?

Appreciate the help!

Toys

Toys7505

HI, welcome. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please take a look at our wiki article on Connectivity:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

This article has some troubleshooting steps you can try out to test your connections. Please let us know if you're still having issues. Thanks!

Hi and thanks for the response. I have gone through the troubleshooting tips as suggested. I can access Emby server with any and ALL internal network connections. It's the external network connections that is giving me the headache. When I enter the remote access address listed on the emby server homepage (http://2601:xxxx:402:ecf2:xxxx:d4e0:xxxx:6b05:8096 - this is what is listed for remote access address, seems to me to be a IP6v address), I always get a "Connection Failure" message on my android device (Samsung S5). Currently running emby server version 3.0.5786.0 - which it says is up to date and and android version 4.0

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Toys

EDIT - I figured it out. I turned off IP6v for my server in network connections and now have an IP4v web address that emby server generated and I can connect externally from

Edited by Toys7505
  • Like 1